i am scared with that nose i wonder how much such a high bridge can get absorb i feel my doctor should fix it as sooon as he can but he said to wait what should i do iam so depressed now i have a different face please advice what to do
I Got Open Rhinoplasty 3 Weeks Ago Still Have 2 1/5 Cm High Bridge Like a Parrot Nose and Irregularities Contour? (photo)
Doctor Answers 8
Open rhinoplasty and Nasal Augmentation
2 1/2 cm is quite high.. At 3 weeks post op, most of the immediate swelling should be gone . Depending on what type of implant was used, the swelling may take a little longer to resolve. However, Im pretty sure that what you see is what you will have for good, give or take 2 to 3 mm. You can wait another 3 months and re-evaluate. However, depending on what kind of implant you have you may want to revise it sooner.
High Nose Bridge After Surgery
I am sorry that you are not satisfied with your surgery.
Nonetheless, it is too early to give a definitive opinion about your results as you are only 3 weeks post-surgery.
Swelling and recovery are still ongoing processes. You will have to be a little more patient so the edema (swelling) subsides and the nasal contour gets better defined.
Thank you for sharing your photographs and for your inquiry.
Best of wishes.
High Nasal Bridge After Rhinoplasty
While it is early in the healing process and there is most certainly some swelling still present, I would agree with your feeling that it may be too high. However, it would be in your best interest to wait a little longer to give swelling the chance to go down and see what your dorsal profile and contour will become. It is just as straightforward to chance out the implant/graft weeks or a month or two from now as it is to jump right in now. I would urge you to wait a full three months before making your final decision for revisional surgery.
You might also like...
Wait six months and stay close to your original surgeon. Indeed, you may need a smaller implant, but please do not "jump the gun." It's all about communication and more communication!
Bridge to high after Rhinooplasty, what should I do?
I agree with the other experts, if you have received a dorsal implant and you are unhappy with the rofile , I doubt much will change after the next few months, I would advise a removal with different surgical planning.
It looks as though you have had a nasal dorsal implant of some sort. What you need to be sure is there is no seroma or hematoma which your surgeon should easily diagnose if there was one. Swelling is common after this type of operation and whether it is really high or not , you still have to wait until healing is at least half way done i.e. 3-4 months. Too soon a revision, you will be complicating the healing process with increase scar formation. Please be patient.
I assume that you had a nasal dorsal implant. If you feel it is too high, revision can be performed. You may want to re-evaluate when the swelling goes down.