1 Month Post-Op Open Rhinoplasty Underside of Nose is Asymmetrical, Why is this? (photo)

I did open rhinoplasty 1 month ago, i noticed my 1 side of my nose looks nice and other side looks awkward. I took a few photos of the bottom view of my nose to make sure i wasn't imagining things and i noticed both side are not symmetrical, it wasn't like this before the surgery. I have noted down the side which i like and the other ugly side. Why is my nose like this now? can anyone tell me?:(

1 Month Post-Op Open Rhinoplasty Underside of Nose is Asymmetrical, Why is this?

If you underwent a simple rhinoplasty or correction of nasal tip operation it means that your cartilage or bone structures are not excised. Since the manipulation is minimal; the edema will be minimal also. Nasal buffers will not be applied after these operations but only strip bandages. These strip bandages will be removed after 5th postoperative day. You can continue to do your daily work just after the procedure but we do not advise you heavy lifting or excessive exercise.

If you underwent rhinoplasty operation in which the bone and cartilage structures are also involved like concha hypertrophy, septum deviation or secondary rhinoplasty; then intranasal buffers will be applied in order to reduce the edema. These intranasal buffers will be removed after 5th postoperative day. You can continue to do your daily work just after the procedure but we do not advise you heavy lifting or excessive exercise. The more you rest, the faster your recovery will be.

Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Some asymmetry is normal

You are too early after the open rhinoplasty to see the results. you should discuss your concerns with your surgeon after all of the swelling has resolved in 6-12 months.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon