Does this look like melanoma? (photo)

Just showed up one day.

Moles & Growths

We can’t diagnose a skin problem unless we examine it in person, so please make an appointment with a board-certified dermatologists as soon as possible. Keep in mind that moles aren’t just brown or black as most people think; some moles can be flesh colored. And even flesh-colored moles can become problematic—why having it examined, and possibly even biopsied, by an expert as soon as possible is so important.

If you have a question about a skin growth, don’t hesitate to contact us at to set up an appointment.

Moles & Growths

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Is this Spot Melanoma?

This looks more like a blue nevus or a bruise, but I suggest seeing a dermatologist for dermoscopic evaluation to determine if a biopsy needs to be performed.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Is this Spot Melanoma?

Does this look like melanoma?

You should seek a consultation with a Dermatologist. It is impossible to tell what that spot is over the internet. However, you deserve to know exactly what that is and there is no substitute for an in person consultation. If a biopsy is required, that is a brief, nearly painless in office procedure. I hope this information is helpful for you.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Does this look like melanoma?

Stephen Weber MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon