Are my breasts normal, should I seek correction? (photos)

I'm in my very early 20's, so I feel like my breasts are very saggy. I have big areolas that stay inflamed and aching, sometimes sharp pains and itching. I think I might have tubular breasts or hypoplasia. I don't have money for corrective surgery so I was wondering if something like this might be covered by insurance? My breasts have given me too much grief; I want to feel comfortable in my own skin. (I have identifiable tattoos so ive covered them in my photo.) Thanks in advance.

Breast Lift

I'm not sure why your areolas are causing you itching/discomfort. It may be best to discuss this with your primary care physician first.  Areola reduction and breast lift procedures are effective for resizing and repositioning the nipples as well as removing excess skin. I recommend that you discuss cosmetic surgical options with a board certified Plastic Surgeon in your area who specializes in these procedures.

All the best

Breast issue

No, you do not appear to have a tuberous issue, and no, insurance will not cover your breast lift.  Best of luck with your decision to move forward.

Are my breasts normal, should I seek correction?

Thank you for sharing your question and photographs.  Your breasts are well within "normal" and do not demonstrate tuberous breasts or hypoplastia.  Hope this helps.

Fortunately you do not have tubular breasts and your breasts are normal.  There is a slight degree of sagging which would require a breast lift but that would not be covered by insurance.

Normal looking breasts

It does not appear that you have tubular breasts. If you are experiencing inflammation or any discomfort in your breasts or areolas, I would encourage you to seek a consultation with your primary care physician. If you choose to have surgery on your breasts, for example, a breast lift could help make you look "perkier."  However, insurance will not cover the cost of any breast surgery not related to breast cancer and reconstruction. If you are interested in modifying the appearance of your breasts, I advise you to seek a consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon who has years of experience performing breast surgeries.

You look normal

Breasts come in all different shapes and sizes. You look normal! You may have cysts or some other medical condition that causes discomfort which may need evaluation. No surgery corrective in nature is needed from what I see, Good Luck!

Gregory T. Lynam, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Normal breasts

Thank you for your question. Your breasts are within normal limits. Cosmetic surgery of any kind is not covered by insurance. 

Breast augmentation

Thanks for your question. Your breasts are within the normal aesthetic range. I am not entirely sure that any surgery would be in your best interest although you may find a face to face consult helpful. 

Gary L. Ross, MBChB, FRCS
Manchester Plastic Surgeon

Normal

Your breasts are very normal and what nature has given you.
They will change over time and with pregnancy and nursing.

Cosmetic changes to your breasts or areolas would not be covered by insurance.

Yes they are normal

Your breasts are normal.  Insurance will not cover any aesthetic improvements to your breasts.  I would still considering a consultation with a plastic surgeon to assess your situation.

Best Wishes,

Nana Mizuguchi, MD

Nana N. Mizuguchi, MD, FACS