Is all Smart Lipo technology basically the same? (photos)

Two years ago I got lipo on my stomach but when I started to gain some weight my stomach developed humps of fat. I have two questions. I am 5" 2, 107 lbs. 1) I was thinking of going to a Dr in California because he claims to have a patented lipo that offers smoother results and causes tightening. Is it worth the flight or can any good local Dr use smart lipo and give me the same results? 2) If I have smart lipo revision could the scar tissue cause more problems then just leaving it?

Technology may be similar, however, plastic if surgeon experience is more important.

Repeated liposuction can have its own concerns and issues- a skilled surgeon who has many tools including smart lipo, Vader ultrasound, etc is preferred to just anyone who has a machine.

An exam and consultation with a plastic surgeon who performs these procedures regularly  is recommended to confirm you are a candidate as well as discuss your options and expectations.

Laser liposuction

Thanks for your question. I do think you'd be a candidate for some additional treatment. Smartlipo is probably the most popular laser-liposuction technology on the market. It has not changed much over the past 5 years or so. As long as you are seeing a plastic surgeon who has experience, you do not need to leave your area. You can likely see a nice improvement. Best wishes.

Paul J. Leahy, MD
Leawood Plastic Surgeon

The difference in lipo results comes from the surgeon, not from the laser

A skilled liposuction surgeon can make you look good with or without a laser. The laser merely adds heat which adds a touch of skin tightening while real lipo is conducted in the deeper layers to do the major work. Anyone who tells you otherwise is stretching the truth considerably. All lasers do this because they all generate heat. Patented doesn't mean better, it just means different. Anyone can patent an idea, it's not a test of quality.

Go with the Best: VASER Liposuction

Not all liposuction or Doctors are the same. VASER liposuction can sculpt and contour the body, giving you contours and definition and results can be seen immediately. 4D HI DEFINITION in combination with ultrasound/RF treatments and fat grafting will help with fat removal, contouring, skin tightening and toning. Don't let distance dissuade you from seeing an expert for the best results. Lasers are not all the same and in my opinion are not the best at skin tightening and contouring  Best, Dr. Emer