3 weeks post op Mommy Makeover, my stomach is very tender to the touch like really bad bruising. Is this normal?

I had a mm this Tuesday will be 3 weeks post op. There is no visual bruising and never was. I feel like I am healing very well. I have been wearing a cg non stop faithfully 24/7 and I'm taking arnica Montana tablets also Bromelain.

Bruising Concern 3 Weeks After a Mommy Makeover

Your #healing will continue for 2-3 months for the early period. This includes some swelling, #bruising, malposition, color differences. Sensation in the breasts may also be abnormal and scars will be evolve. Tingling, burning or shooting pains in the breasts will disappear with time and should not alarm you. It is simply a result of the regeneration of your sensory nerves. If these sensations cause pain, repeated, local self-massage per your surgeon's permission may help. The purpose of the post-procedure #garment is to provide some gentle #support and to reduce swelling following a #TummyTuck or #Abdominoplasty. If it feels too tight or causes pain, take it off. Patients wear the #elastic garment for several weeks after surgery, as directed by their doctor. Some choose to wear it longer for several months for comfort. I suggest to my patients beginning supplements such as bromelain or arnica a week or two before their procedure(s). However, its best to consult with your board-certified Plastic Surgeon beforehand. She or he will make suggestions according to your procedure and medical records in addition to discussing your pre-op preparations. Also, such may be provided for you with your pre-op material and prescriptions in time for your recovery period. You will learn more about preparing at your pre-op appointment. 

If you have concerns about your #healing, or pain that you question to be unusual, it is important to call your plastic surgeon to discuss these further asked to be examined.

Tenderness to the attached three weeks after an abdominoplasty should be reported to your surgeon.

Whereas some soreness is to be expected for several weeks after and abdominoplasty pain to the touch is not. This should be reported to your surgeon.

Tenderness post mommy makeover

Although, it is not unusual to have abdominal tenderness following a tummy tuck and mommy makeover; if you have increasing pain, redness, increasing swelling or fever, you should let your surgeon know.  Best wishes, Dr. Lepore.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Tender after mommy makeover

You description sounds normal. The best is to continue following up with your plastic surgeon during your recovery process. 

Pain

Thanks for your question. A mommy makeover can be difficult to recover from. It is not unusual to still have pain 3 weeks after surgery. If it seems severe, you should notify your Plastic Surgeon and be examined.  It sounds like you are doing everything correctly. Best of luck!

Jeffrey Umansky, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon