How many vaginal rejuvenation surgeries can I do at once?

Being that there are various procedures, can more than one be performed at once?

Vaginal Rejuvenation Combined with other Cosmetic Gynecology Procedures

Vaginal rejuvenation is the general term for over a dozen procedures designed to tighten the vaginal canal and improve the external appearance of the labia, the vulva, and even the mons pubis. The exact procedures involved will vary from person to person since your requests, and your shape and size are unique. All of these areas can addressed at the same time and it's common in my practice to combine multiple vaginal procedures as well as body or breast aesthetic surgery. The recovery time is not increased.

More than One Vaginal Rejuvenation Procedures at Once

Yes, it is possible to #combine #surgeries. The best procedure approach will be discussed in greater detail during your one-on-one #consultation. I invite you to visit PacificCenterPlasticSurgery.com to view a complete list of surgeries commonly performed.
The first step is to seek a board certified plastic surgeon who is highly trained with your desired procedures. I also encourage you to look at before and after photos of the surgeons actual patients.
Also, reading patient reviews of those who have had combined surgeries will be beneficial.
Gathering all of this information will help you make a well-informed decision.

"Vaginal rejuvenation"

I believe what you are inquiring about is a combination of labiaplasty, clitoral hoodectomy, and vaginoplasty. Vaginoplasty and vaginal rejuvenation are actually the same thing. All procedures can and frequently are performed during the same operation. 

Labiaplasty, which most commonly involves surgical reduction of the labia minora (inner/thinner lips), has become a relatively common procedure over the last ten and even more so last five years. Whether the surgery is done using a laser, scalpel, or scissors does not really matter but what does matter is "symmetry". Symmetry is the most important aspect to the final aesthetic result. Most women, just like yourself, prefer to have as much of the darker pigmented edges removed as possible. Also, it's not how much tissue is removed but how much is left remaining because a certain amount is necessary to maintain proper form and function - typically 7-8 mm actually. To achieve these three most important elements, I have found that the "Trim Method" satisfies best. It is extremely important to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon that specializes in this operation (does at least 1 - 2 per week). It may cost you a bit more but it is this type of result you will want to live with for the rest of your life. Typical (all inclusive) fee at my office/surgery center is $4500.
Although there is no guarantee, women frequently do seek clitoral hood reduction (Hoodectomy) to improve exposure of the clitoris and hence better stimulation during sexual activity. By removing some of the excess &/or redundant skin concealing the clitoris, it becomes more readily exposed to sexual stimulation and hence a heightened sexual experience/orgasm is possible. Sometimes I recommend adding hoodectomy to labiaplasty to better harmonize the aesthetic outcome. Again, the key is seek consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon or gynecologist who performs this procedure regularly (>2-3 x/month) so that just the right amount of tissue is removed and just the right amount remains such that the clitoris is not constantly exposed and rubbing on clothing, etc... Typical fee for a hoodectomy is ~$3000 but reduced to about half that price if done along with a labiaplasty.

Now for recovery, because the labia tissue is so robust with blood supply it has an amazing ability to heal relatively quickly. Most patients are sore for 4-5 days before things start to get a lot better from there. Some patients can resume work before this time depending upon their occupation. No exercise for two weeks, no baths/jacuzzi or swimming for 3 weeks, and no sexual activity for typically 4 weeks. My patients are given an oral pain medication such as Vicodin or Percocet but icing the area for the first 48 hours and applying some custom made take-home topical local anesthetic cream seems to work the best. 

Vaginal Rejuvenation (a.k.a. vaginoplasty) is performed to reconstruct (more or less tighten) the vaginal vault most commonly following natural vaginal birth. Again, like most other surgery, the experience of and “attention to detail” (a.k.a. compulsiveness) by the surgeon is the most important element to achieving a good result. Although there is some merit to Kegal exercises, many patients with laxity after natural vaginal birth fail to obtain sufficient tightening. For these patients, vaginoplasty, tightening of the vaginal vault muscles from the introits (opening) up to the cervix is typically the best solution. The procedure is commonly done on an outpatient basis in about an hour under either deep intravenous sedation or general anesthesia. Recovery is gradual but probably the worst for the first 4-5 days until swelling starts to reside then patients feel better each day thereafter. Sexual activity is usually refrained for about 6 weeks. In a study I was involved in back in 2009, 87% of vaginoplasty patients were satisfied with their results and had an improved sexual experience post-operatively. Typical (all inclusive) fee at my office/surgery center is $8500. Glad to help.

Ryan Stanton, MD

Vaginal rejuvenation

There are different aspects of vaginal rejuvenation. This include labial reduction procedures, clitoral hood reductions, mons pubis treatment, labia majors treatment, and vaginal vault tightening procedures.  Best of luck.

Number of vaginal rejuvenation procedures

The term "vaginal rejuvenation" is a broad term that can include many different procedures including labia minora reduction, labia majora reduction, clitoral hood reduction, mons pubis liposuction, and mons pubis lift.  Most of the time it is advisable to have multiple procedures done at the same time if indicated.  Combining procedures avoids multiple surgeries and the healing and downtime associated with them. Discuss your concerns with your surgeon so he/she can come up with a surgical plan that will safely and most efficiently meet your goals.  Best wishes!

Erik Miles, MD, FACS
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Possibly.

In order to properly answer your question it would be necessary to be evaluated by a Board certified plastic surgeon experienced in vaginal rejuvenation techniques. In general terms, not necessarily relevant to you, a common "combination" of procedures at one session can include liposuction of the mons pubis (the fat pad over the pubic bone), reduction of the labia minora (commonly referred to as "labiaplasty"), and reduction of the labia majora. In general, it would probably be unwise to consider rejuvenation procedures of the introitus (vaginal vault) such as LVR at the same time as the procedures involving the external genitalia. A Board certified gynecologist specializing in these procedures should also be qualified to evaluate you and make appropriate treatment recommendations. 

Best of luck to you. 

Ram Kalus, MD
Mount Pleasant Plastic Surgeon