I had a tummy tuck and BA on june 29. My stomach continues to be swollen. Is that normal?

Post op tummy tuck

generally it takes several months for the swelling to dissipate after tummy tuck surgery. However, the more activity you do the more the swelling will be prolonged. 

Healing Time after Surgery

Healing after the  #tummytuck will take time. I have my patients out of bed and walking the night of surgery and every hour while awake.  I allow my patients to return to work at one to two weeks with 14 days preferred.  No lifting or straining.  At three weeks increased level of activity and full, no restrictions, at 6 weeks. Since it has been just over 2 weeks since your procedure I would say that you should not have anything to worry about with a little bit of swelling still in the area. But, if you are worried or concerned then the best person to contact directly would be your plastic surgeon to make sure that healing is going well.

See your surgeon

Please check with your surgeon as your surgeon is the best person to answer that question. Without knowing your medical history it is difficult to help you. Good luck!

Post op recivery

Hello and thank you for your question! 10 days is very early in the recovery time after a tummy tuck. You will continue to experience swelling for up to 6 months and sometimes longer after this procedure. Do you have drains in place? Please continue to wear your post op compression garment and follow up with your surgeon. Good luck to you!

Michael K. Obeng, MD, FACS

Swollen after surgery

Be patient its normal to be swollen several months after a tummy tuck sometimes up to 6 months after surgery the swelling is still coming down.  For the best results remember to follow your surgeons post operative instructions as far as wearing the garment and your level of activity.

N. Bill Aydin, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon

TT on June 29th- Tummy is still swollen -Is this normal?

HI Esme,

It is entirely normal for your tummy to still be swollen, It takes anywhere from 3-6 months for all the swelling to go down following a tummy tuck and can sometimes even take longer. When you have a chance, keep your legs up and rest. You should also minimize 
heavy athletic activity as per your surgeons' instructions so as not to increase fluid
Talk to your surgeon and let him/her know of your concerns.
Dr. Christine Rodgers

Abdominal swelling post abdominoplasty

Fortunately the toughest part of your recovery may be in your rear view mirror!!  I tell my patients to expect some swelling to persist for 4 months post op.  Be patient and continue follow up with your plastic surgeon. Best wishes

Craig Harrison, MD, PA
Tyler Plastic Surgeon

Remember that it can take a good 6 months to a year for ALL of the swelling to fully resolve after a TT. Best to wear your compression garment and allow your body time to heal so you can appreciate your results later. If you are still worried, best to see your operating surgeon so he or she can properly evaluate you in person. Good luck!

Stomach swollen after TT

Stomach may remain swollen for upto 3 months following surgery; just make sure that you are well nourished but don't gain weight; it is not uncommon for your intra-abdominal prominence to be more visible once the overlying fat and skin are removed; this makes it very important to keep your weight down.

Arian Mowlavi, MD

1 week post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.
At this point (1 week post-po) the swelling is normal.
To reduce it, I recommend you perform daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the abdomen and wear a postoperative girdle from thigh to the breasts.
Kind regards,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD