Trip to Cuba that didn't turn out like it was suppose too. How long do I have to wait before I get a new Mommy Makeover? (photo)

How long do I have to wait before I get a new tummy tuck and breast augmentation. It will be five months since I had my surgery. It was quite a bad adventure sadly. I had to have five drainage since I'm back in Canada and to emergency procedure to re open my stomach because of in disolving stitches in my stomach that turn out really bad. For my breast it was quite a dispointment also. I wanted 425-450 cc silicone and it turn out that I could only have 375cc as they dint have bigger size .

Revision of unacceptable results after a mommy makeover.

All inflammation should be sizable he eliminated before a revision. This would be a minimum six months and possibly longer depending on the progress of your healing.

Revision surgery?

I am sorry to hear about your bad experience. I would advise you to wait at least 6 months or until your previous surgery has completely healed before consulting with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area (link below) about revision options. You will not have to have everything "redone". Just revised and tweeted so that the results are what you desire. Best, Dr. Nazarian

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Trip to Cuba was a mistake

Thank you for your questions and photographs. I'm sorry that you had a bad experience, but traveling to Cuba (or DR, or Mexico, or ?????) to save money is a big mistake, which you have obviously learned the hard way. You clearly had an infection around your umbilicus as your first photo shows.  You do not need a complete makeover done again, at least on your abdomen.  There appears to be excess skin on the sides that can be removed at the time of your implant revision.  You need to be free and clear of any kind of infection for several months before having a revision.  If you only go up 50-75cc's with new implants, you won't see much of a change in size. In my experience, in order to see a significant change, you have to go up at least 150-200cc's. Be sure to see an experienced, board certified plastic surgeon.

James McMahan, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Considering a Mommy Makeover Revision

Typically, its best to wait at least one year following the initial surgery to consider a revision. It is imperative you select a plastic surgeon who is #board-certified and has a great deal of experience with the procedures commonly involved with a #MMO. Aside from checking board-certification, it is suggested that you look at before and after photos of the surgeons actual patients, and read patient reviews. Gathering all of this information will help you make a well-informed decision.

Please be advised that each patient is unique and previous results are not a guarantee for individual outcomes. As with all cosmetic surgery, results will be rewarding if expectations are realistic. With any surgical procedure, there are some risks which your doctor will discuss with you during your consultation. Your procedures should always be performed by a #PlasticSurgeon who is board-certified and has a great deal of experience specializing in cosmetic #surgery. You will then greatly improve your chances of getting the result you desire, and, without the need for a revision surgery. It is suggested that you look at before and after photos of the surgeons actual patients, and read patient reviews. Gathering all of this information will help you make a well-informed decision.

How long do I have to wait before I get a new Mommy Makeover?

Im sorry to hear that your procedure did not go as planned. I will have patients wait at least six months prior to revising a tummy tuck and breast augmentation. In addition, there should not be any signs of infection, persistent drainage, or swelling before any type of revision is attempted. Please consult with a board certified plastic surgeon for your revision surgeries.

Planning re-do of Cuban cosmetic surgery

• It seems you have had a serious complication -
  • But that you are already under the care of a plastic surgeon.
  • If so, be guided by her/his advice but generally you should wait at least 6 months from the time you healed from the complication before doing more. 
  • If your surgeon is not a plastic surgeon, then now is the time to find one who is willing to re-operate.
  • Not every surgeon will accept re-doing off-shore surgery.
  • Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Hope you find this information helpful. Best wishes.

Revision

Thank you for the question and since you are being seen in Canada I would ask the surgeon there when he feels you are ready for a revision given yur past history of complications.

Dr. Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

I'm very sorry that you have had a less than optimal outcome. I would suggest that you are now ready for a consultation regarding revisional surgery if you are already five months post-op. Good luck!

Revision wanted

Thank you for your question and photos. Most Plastic Surgeons will advise that you wait at least 6 months after surgery to ensure that you are fully healed before considering another. I recommend that you book a consultation in person with a board certified Plastic Surgeon to discuss your aesthetic goals.

All the best

Trip to Cuba that didn't turn out like it was suppose too. How long do I have to wait before I get a new Mommy Makeover?

Thank you for your pictures and questions. I am sorry to hear that you have had so many problems with your surgery. This is why most (if not all) surgeons advise against medical tourism, especially with cosmetic surgery. While you may save some money on the procedure in the beginning, the high incidence of complications and problems, not to mention the lack of certification or monitoring of physicians in such clinics, can lead to significant problems down the road that come with major cost. In addition, when you have problems, you have no one near you to help you through those issues. 

In answer to your question, if you have had that much problem with complications, I would wait a year after your complications resolve to consider revision surgery. This should give an appropriate amount of time for scar tissue to settle before proceeding. 

Do yourself a favor and when you decide to consider surgery again, go see a board (ASPS) certified plastic surgeon. You will get a much better result and be much happier with your experience and your outcome. 

Good luck and be safe out there!