Tip is still hard & numb. Does this mean it will be smaller/refined once all swelling goes down? (Photos)

My nose is still quite wide and now has a ball tip, 1.5 months post open rhinoplasty. I had the hump removed and nose narrowed or at least that was the plan. The hump is gone and the bridge and upper nose looks much better but now the middle and tip seems to project wide and round and it droops more. Any chance for changes or am I destined to have this big nose?

Hump and midvault improved, what about the tip?

You are noticing your tip more now that the mid vault and upper vault has been reduced in both projection and width; If you don't like the shape of your nasal tip, you can consider an open rhinoplasty; it is very important to consider nasal tip shape prior to surgery in order to determine if you would be best served by an open versus closed rhinoplasty.

Tip hard and numb

You are very early in the healing process. In general the swelling improves from top to bottom so the bony part tends to look better before the tip. It will take many months for the swelling to completely resolve so just try and be patient. Continue close follow up with your surgeon. 
Best of luck

David Reinstadler, MD
Newport Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Recovering from rhinoplasty: stiff nose, swelling.

Recovering from rhinoplasty is a healing process. Part of that process is waiting for swelling to go down and stiffness to soften. The majority of swelling will go down in the first 6-8 weeks. Over the following 6-9 months you'll experience a downward progression with a few flares of swelling in between. Around a year you'll be close to your result, but be aware the nose continues to refine for years after that by tiny amounts. At 1.5 months you're very early in the process. I recommend following your surgeon's instructions and keeping your follow-up appointments so she/he can keep you on track for a safe and happy outcomes. Safety comes first. 

Victor Chung, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon