Tattoo removal price and best treatment? (Photo)

I received a black ink tattoo about 4x3 a few days ago. I have been feeling incredibly anxious and haven't been sleeping well or eating. I've been thinking a lot about laser removal and I know I need to wait 6 weeks to allow my skin to heal. How much would each session cost (Refer to photo below) and which treatment would be best- single pass, I10 or R20. What's the outcome of a new tattoo removal compared to a tattoo that's been on the body for a year+? Tattoo is on upper inner arm

Tattoo removal

Pricing is difficult to give, it varies by laser, size, and practice location. Tattoo removal can be done as soon as the skin is healed. Black tattoos are easier to remove than others. They all require a series of treatments. The 1064 laser is best for this color. Pico lasers will do it faster but will cost more too.

Cost of Laser Tattoo Removal

Pricing for laser tattoo removal varies of course. The most important decision you make is selecting an experienced provider with a high quality laser. What I would recommend highly AGAINST is treating the area with more than 1 pass in a single session- what is listed on your photo as "I10" and "R20". This is a method that FREQUENTLY leads to scarring and has not been proven to remove tattoos faster. Most people getting a tattoo removed want the skin to appear as close to normal as is possible...that will likely not be the case if you rush it with one of those methods. My experience with the Micropen TR mentioned in another physician's answer is that this method too leads to too much change in skin texture and wound management is much more difficult, so we stopped offering it at my MediSpa. 

Lisa Vuich, MD

Lisa Vuich, MD
Nashua Physician

A Consultation Is Your Best Bet

Newer modalities like the micropen TR can make the tattoo removal process more quick but all laser tattoo removal takes a series of treatments. Without seeing the tattoo, it's difficult to advise you. Price will also vary. I recommend a formal consultation with a laser tattoo removal expert.  Best, Dr. Emer.