What would you recommend me getting done to achieve what I want? (Photos)

Since I was little I've always hated the size of my nose I would really like to get it a bit smaller and I also think that my nasal tip is a bit wider. I don't want to change my face too much I just want it to be more balanced. Would tip rhinoplasty be a good option for me ? Or what other options would you recommend

What would you recommend me getting done to achieve what I want?

Your nasal tip could certainly be thinned, contoured, and made more fine and refined. Also your dorsum appears to have a hump or bump which could be eliminated.

Rhinoplasty

You would be a good candidate for a relatively conservative rhinoplasty that would define the tip and probably adjust the profile. You look to have delicate features and would need a consultation to determine the  best goals for your face.  

Wayne F. Larrabee, MD

Rhinoplasty

While narrowing and shortening your nasal tip would be aesthetically beneficial that will expose the small dorsal hump that you have. You will need to reduce that small hump as well. In short you need just more than just a tip rhinoplasty to get the best nasal reshaping result.

Wanting improvement in your nose

Your best option is to get an open rhinoplasty which will address all of your concerns. During your consultation, you will be shown exactly how an open rhinoplasty procedure can get the results you are desiring.

Arian Mowlavi, MD

What rhinoplasty would you recommend to me to achieve what I want?

Thanks for your question and photos.  It is definitely in your best interest to have more than a tip rhinoplasty to optimize the aesthetics of your nose.  Narrowing your tip alone will prove less than optimal.   Meet with a Bd Certified plastic surgeon or facial plastic surgeon to review photos of others and have your photo imaged.  Best wishes,

Jon A Perlman MD FACS 

Certified, American Board of Plastic Surgery 

Extreme Makeover Surgeon ABC TV

Best of Los Angeles Award 2015, 2016 

Beverly Hills, Ca

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Rhinoplasty Candidate

Dear Hailey136, You have a common complaint with your nose that I often see in my practice requesting rhinoplasty surgery. You would be an excellent candidate for rhinoplasty surgery and not just a tip-plasty. If you change one characteristic of the nose and then do not address others the nose will become unbalanced and look unnatural. A natural looking rhinoplasty would address slightly reducing the dorsal hump, refining the tip and addressing the projection. I would suggest that you seek consultation with some experts in the field of rhinoplasty surgery. Since you are on realself this is always a great place to start your search. Find surgeons with many five star reviews and read those reviews. If the majority of the reviews are regarding rhinoplasty surgery then the surgeon most likely denotes a large portion of their practice to this speciality. During your consultation have imaging performed to see the proposed changes and make sure that you and your surgeon are on the same page regarding the desired result. Once this is done then review the surgeons before and after photographs to ensure that the desired result is attainable in his/her hands and that the after pictures are natural looking rhinoplasty results. Once these steps are finalized you will be able to make a very informed decision. See the link below for many before and after photographs and the video above to show you an example of the imaging process and how close in proximity the proposed results are to the final result. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD

Achieving Rhinoplasty Goals

An important goal of rhinoplasty surgery is achieving a balanced proportional result. In your case I suggest you consider not only narrowing and defining your tip but also removing your mild hump. The best way to do this is to consult with an experienced rhinoplasty specialist who devotes most of their practice to this work.

Rhinoplasty for tip refinement and hump removal etc.

Rhinoplasty for tip refinement and hump removal etc. is what will give you a more feminine and attractive nose. See an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon who does natural noses. 

Rhinoplasty

I would reduce your nose and raise the tip.  You have a bump on the bridge of your nose which I would remove and narrow your bridge.  I don't think a tip rhinoplasty by itself will give you sufficient change.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

A closed rhinoplasty approach can accomplish making the nose smaller, shaving down the dorsal hump, narrowing the bridge line, and refining the nasal tip with all of the incisions placed on the inside of the nose. A full rhinoplasty, not a tip rhinoplasty is required. For more information, and many  before and after rhinoplasty examples, please see the video and the link below