PRP injection for someone with CTE and AGA?

If someone has CTE and AGa both , will PRP treatment help

Hair loss -- PRP, Progesterone, Viviscal, Rogaine, Finesteride, Spironolactone

I have used prp and progesterone for years in telogen and androgenetic alopecia, some patients get improvement and others do not. I suggest a formal consultation to see if you are a candidate.  Best, Dr. Emer.

CTE. AGA and PRP. Englewood Cliffs NJ

In my opinion , PRP is not effective at reversing chronic telogen effluvium. It may increase the thickness of hair shafts. PRP is usually  effective with androgenic alopecia. It can decrease hair loss, increase the size and thickness of the shaft and may stimulate regrowth in hair that has been dormant for less than 3 years. There is no evidence that PRP can reduce the incidence of CTE. However since the hair will be thicker, it may look better. Hope this helps. Good luck.

Jeffrey Rapaport, MD
Englewood Dermatologic Surgeon