Will most plastic surgeons allow a face lift, neck lift, tummy tuck, and breast lift in one surgery?

Is it safe to have multiple procedure done at the same time?

Combining procedures is a great option for many patients. The multiple surgeries you mentioned may be too much surgery to have performed at the same time depending upon the amount of anesthesia time anticipated. To determine how much surgery is safe for you or any patient is will be discussed after a thorough consultation with your board certified plastic surgeon. I understand having one recovery is a goal for many patients, but a safe and healthy outcome is best for you in the long run.

Too much surgery for one setting

I would never perform this much surgery in one setting. You woill be at increased risk for complications such as a DVT and it is not worth the risk. In my practice, I ask patients to wait at least 6 weeks between surgery for safety and try to keep surgery less than 4 hours. This is particualry important with tummy tucks.

Hope this helps

Multiple surgeries

This depends on the health of the patient, the total anesthesia time and how fast the surgeon is. I would not recommend these particular procedures be done in one setting. Must remember, these are elective surgeries and excessive risks should NOT be taken.

Mohsen Tavoussi, MD, DO

Not safe to combine too many plastic surgery procedures

With rare exceptions, all the procedures you have mentioned are too many to perform on one day. Most elective cosmetic procedures should be limited to 6-7 hours or less. Otherwise the risk of pulmonary embolism, deep venous thrombosis or wound infection can be higher. It's best to stage these procedures into two sessions to avoid these risks. It is not worth taking such chances with your health especially because these are elective procedures to make you look and feel better. Usually the breast and tummy would be done together. Make sure you see a board certified plastic surgeon who will screen you for any health problems to make sure you are in good health for the procedure. Good luck and thanks for writing. 

Kouros Azar, MD
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Facelift, neck, breasts and tummy tuck in one surgery

I would recommend asking the surgeries to be staged. Do all the face treatments at once and then the breast and tummy. If surgery exceeds 6 hours I keep my patients over night. 

Taha Shipchandler, MD
Indianapolis Facial Plastic Surgeon

Combined surgeries

In my practice, I would not combine those procedures due to the amount of time which would be required.  Be careful if your surgeon advises you to proceed with all of those surgeries under one anesthetic.  In my opinion, that is too much time under anesthesia for elective procedures.

No most safe plastic surgeons will not perform so many procedures at one time as you increase the risk for postoperative complications including pulmonary embolus and wound infection amongst others. These are elective procedures so they need to be staged.

Richard Chaffoo, MD, FACS

It would be unsafe to combine #facelift #necklift #tummytuck and #breastlift in one setting

The rules in Toronto is that surgeries should be kept within 6 hours for Private facilities, and patients should be kept overnight for observation with 2 nurses if the procedures are longer. 

In my hands, face/necklift with SMAS takes me 4 hours (not counting forehead lift, lids, chin implant or fat grafting), tummy-tuck with liposuction 3 hours, breast lift about 2,5 hours.  The combination of all of those makes it a very long procedure and it should be staged for safety reasons.

There are "mini" procedures with lesser surgical times but the results tend to be shorter-lasting.

Safety should always be first.

Hope this helps!

Best regards,

Dr. Marc DuPere, Toronto Aesthetic Plastic Surgeon

Marc DuPere, MD

Face/ neck lift, tummy tuck and breast lift in one day

Performing multiple procedures in one day is commonly performed, but it's important to note how long all of the procedures take.   In order to qualify for outpatient surgery, anesthesia should be less than 5-6hours. The 3 procedures noted above should be separated out by approximately one month apart for optimum healing and for anesthesia.

Multiple procedures in one surgery

In plastic surgery, procedures or often combined together, particularly if they are in the same region. Doing this many procedures in one, however, increases your risks of complications given the length of time you will be under general anesthesia and should be avoided. 

It is important that safety remains the priority in any procedure, big or small. A single surgeon should not feel pressured to rush through the procedures to reduce your anesthesia time. Discuss your goals with your plastic surgeon who can propose a treatment plan that will prioritize the procedures to be performed first and plan the appropriate amount of time between procedures to have the safest and most effective result. 

Johnson C. Lee, MD
Beverly Hills Physician