Yes another will they notice rhinoplasty question. Any suggestions?

I'm a 22 year old male and I've been meaning to get a rhinoplasty, and for numerous reasons would like to keep it a secret. I have a long nose with a hump also crooked. In an effort to disguise the rhinoplasty, I've lost weight, grown my hair and will shave it all off, I've gotten glasses with thick frames. The rhinoplasty, will be VERY subtle and natural. I Won't be seeing friends or family for at least a month after the surgery, so they won't be seeing the two weeks of bruising and swelling.

Will Others Notice My Rhinoplasty?

It is unlikely friends and professional associates will notice a change in your nose if you have a natural result. Believe it or not, people are not that observant.  Do this for yourself, not others. Select an experienced surgeon who can show you multiple examples of noses you like.

Hello,Patients who get a rhinoplasty that has significantly changed their nose find that other people can't really tell what is different about them; most of the time people think it's their eyes, or that they look more rested, even though the nose has radically changed. Potential patients that want to keep it a secret frequently aren't being honest with themselves about how they'd like to see their new nose, and are frequently disappointed by their results. You should either not have surgery or decide that other people's opinion of your endeavor doesn't matter to you.Best of luck!

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

How to hide the fact that you've had a #rhinoplasty #camouflage #subtle

This should not be an issue. Anyone with whom you've discussed having surgery will likely notice. However, most others will be the none the wiser. We do not study people's noses unless they are distracting (droopy, crooked, too large or too small). Thus, well chosen frames and your other changes in hair style and body weight will draw people's attention away from your nose. If you have natural result it is highly unlikely that anyone will notice the changes in your nose. Best!Stephen Weber MD, FACSLone Tree Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty and noticeability?

if done by a very experienced rhinoplasty surgeon your friends will probably not notice this but will think it is the head shaving etc. 

Thank you for your question.  If your rhinoplasty is done well and looks natural no one will notice.  Most people will think you look refreshed.  If anyone does notice try not to sweat it.  As my colleague has said people are not really that observant.  If you are happy with your result in the end that should be all that truly matters.  Make sure to find a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in rhinoplasty and be clear about what your goals are. Best of luck,Dr. Hisham Seify

Hisham Seify, MD, PhD, FACS

Dear Nathanbakes122, Many patients who choose to not discuss their surgery with friends and/or co-workers will go with a hair change either in color or style and most people will decipher that the changes they see are due to the hair changes and not surgery. Of course you must have your surgery performed by an expert surgeon who performs natural looking rhinoplasty procedures. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD

I think it would be important to discuss what you are interested in with your surgeon.  Often times, the changes from a rhinoplasty is noticeable for the patients but not necessarily from others.  This usually occurs when the results are natural.  Others may notice that something is different but they may not be able to pinpoint it.  However, you do have to be prepared for the usual swelling of the nose after the surgery.  Most of this will dissipate the first 1-2 months but it can take up to a year to completely go down; everyone heals a little bit differently.  Good luck!  

Sunny Park, MD, MPH
Newport Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon