Can you notice hair thinning, and if so what is the best course of action specific to my case? (Photos)

27 year old male here with concerns about the thickness of my hair. Back and sides are full thickness as well as a portion of the top. Have been on finasteride 1mg for 10 months. First had concerns about my hair beginning at age 23. Considering hair transplant. Any advice appreciated. Thanks all

Thinning?

Your biggest enemy is the progressive thinning leading to a balding pattern that is not evident at this point in time. The degree of thinning that you are experiencing would suggest that you should see a doctor who most likely will get Bulk Measurements of your hair to determine the degree of the thinning that you are presently having. If the diagnosis is early genetic hair loss (the most common cause of hair loss in young men), then the best treatment would be the drug finasteride which is highly effective in men of your age and may not only stop the hair loss but possibly reverse it. If you are developing a more advanced balding pattern the best test to get will determine the Bulk Measurements of your hair and this will show, over a one-year time frame, how effective the treatment will be. Once you know this information, then you and your doctor need to develop a MASTER PLAN which will define what you need to do over the years to come.

Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

If you are losing hair and want treatment options you should schedule a consultation with a doctor.

If you are losing hair and want treatment options you should schedule a consultation with a doctor.  I realize you are concerned about hair loss but your photos show someone with a full head of hair.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Frontal thinning

Wet hair is always looking a little thinner. However, it is hard only based on the pictures to know whether you are losing hair or not. You need a microscopic evaluation to determine your scalp hair miniaturization.  That combined with your family hair loss history are the way to predict future hair loss.

Parsa Mohebi, MD
Beverly Hills Hair Restoration Surgeon