Male breast reduction in Istanbul?

Hi there! I'm located in Ontario Canada and was looking into getting male breast reduction abroad in Istanbul. In Canada it would cost me about 8k along with a few weeks off work. I see so many hair transplant reviews in Istanbul but nothing about male breast reduction. How come?

Seek a Board Certified Surgeon Specialized in Gynecomastia Surgery

It is imperative you select a plastic surgeon who is #board-certified and has a great deal of experience with male breast #reduction. Plastic surgeons who have specialized in breast surgery and cosmetic surgery are suitable to perform your procedure. Aside from checking board-certification, it is suggested that you look at before and after photos of the surgeons actual patients, and read patient reviews. Gathering all of this information will help you make a well-informed decision.

There are three types of surgical treatment options available that treat gynecomastia. Your board-certified plastic surgeon will recommend the type best suited for you. The most important decision to be made before performing any surgical procedure is determining whether you are an ideal candidate. Weight, and more specifically body mass index (BMI), need to be considered when deciding. For instance, studies have shown that patients with BMI > 30kg/m sq (placing them in the obese category) have a higher complication rate. Therefore, it is important for patients to be as close as possible to their normal body weight prior to surgery. Not only will this decrease risks of complications, but will also enhance the aesthetic results. Further, normal body weight is different from one patient to another.

Please be advised that each patient is unique and previous results are not a guarantee for individual outcomes. As with all cosmetic surgery, results will be rewarding if expectations are realistic. With any surgical procedure, there are some risks which your doctor will discuss with you during your consultation.

Breast reduction (male)

I'm sure there are good surgeons in Istanbul that perform plastic surgery.  I would do my research and look at certifications and results.  Perhaps gynecomastia surgery is less common there.

Tim Neavin, MD

I appreciate your question.
My partners tv show "botched" is about getting the right advice about plastic surgery and trying to avoid problems.
The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

best of luck!

Dr Schwartz

Male Breast Reduction Abroad

Hello, and thanks for your question.

I'm not sure I understand why you would travel so far to have male breast reduction.  Many of my patients return to work just days after this procedure.  Being in the comfort of your home, and not having such a long flight after the procedure is a large benefit.  

When traveling to a far away country for plastic/reconstructive procedures it may be a little more difficult to vet the physician you are entrusting your health to.  Please do your research when moving forward.

Best of luck to you.

Dr. Obeng

Michael K. Obeng, MD, FACS