I put on makeup after surgery; could that mistake mess up the healing?

i had Infini on my whole face for acne cars, the derm went over my cheeks 3 times and my nose twice on a lower setting, my question is my nose has been swelled up and red since the procedure ( 2 days ago ) and since the infini needles put Cartilage into your skin and your nose is made of Cartilage did it increase the size, also the morning after the procedure i put on make up to hide the redness and went out, could that mistake mess up the healing ?

Infini for facial resurfacing and tightening heals well normally but don't apply makeup in first 24 hours

The Infini microdneedling doesn't insert or stimulate cartilage. It stimulates over a long period your body to make more collagen but I doubt enough to make a nose bigger. Don't apply makeup immediately after Infini as it can cause inflammation possibly in the tissues below the epidermis by seeping into the insertion sites before they heal. Swelling from inflammation can make noses or other facial features look big temporarily. If one has tenderness and progressive swelling or redness, especially if the skin feels painful or hot, see your doctor to make sure there is no infection.The information provided in Dr. Shelton's answer is for educational purposes only and is not intended to constitute medical advice.  The information provided should not be relied upon as a substitute for consultations with a qualified health professional who may be familiar with your individual medical needs. 

Manhattan Dermatologic Surgeon

Makeup following infini treatments

Following an aggressive infini treatment, swelling and redness can occur. The collagen is stimulated in the layers of skin after the zones of coagulation have been formed. I tell my patients not to use makeup for the first 24 hours to try to ensure good healing. However, makeup like oxygenetics, can be used immediately following a procedure.

Robert M. Wald, Jr., MD

No make up. Follow post INFINI guide lines

Every dermatologist or plastics will have their own guide lines. I give stat pred orally after INFINI and a mix of steroid and anti-bacterial ointment, then aqueous cream for 3 d after all my intense INFINI RF sessions. 

As for make up, the are only certain non- mineral based make up that can be worn after wounding procedures, your derm will guide you as to what is THEIR preferred wound care and 'wound make up' range. 
All the best
Dr Davin Lim 
Laser and aesthetic dermatologist
Brisbane, Australia. 

Davin Lim, MBBS, FACD
Brisbane Dermatologist

Infini recovery and after care

Thank you for the question. First, Infini stimulates COLLAGEN production (not cartilage). The protein in your skin that makes it firm and youthful is collagen. This is made by some cells in the deeper layers of the skin, and these are stimulated by the needles and the heat delivered with Infini. In terms of after care, I recommend that patients use only a gentle moisturizer and SPF for about a week. If you need to apply cover up (e.g., to go back to work), this should be applied minimally AFTER the other products. Best of luck moving forward!

Evan Ransom, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Facial Aging and Lasers like Fraxel/Clear + Brilliant, RF like VIVA, Peels, Fillers, Skin Care, Face Lift, Fat Injections

Aggressive laser treatment requires topical wound care after treatment and makeup should be avoided till healed.  Speak to your physician if you are concerned. Best, Dr. Emer.