How long for implants to fluff and drop? What do you think about my implant placement? (Photo)

3 weeks 2 days 32aa 400 cc , I feel like their small measuring a 32dd

How long for implants to fluff and drop? What do you think about my implant placement?

You are going to see the difference just after the procedure. However it is necessary to wait for some time in order to see the final result. After the breast augmentation operation the recovery period depends on your physical status, age, general health and condition mainly. The operation itself does not take too long therefore you receive a mild anesthesia. Since the anesthesia that you receive is mild; you will not have problems associated with anesthetic agents after the operation. This is especially important and can be achieved with only a team of plastic surgeons like we have. After the operation you will be advised to wear a corset in order to reduce the edema. You can start to do your daily activities just after the operations but we do not advise you heavy lifting, running or activities that require excess physical activity. The more you rest, the faster your recovery will be.

Turkey Plastic Surgeon

In my practice, bras are used liberally

to help define what your final results will be.  If you like your upper poles as they are, then my patients start supporting them with underwire bras (do not know of any study that can objectively show underwire is detrimental if fitted properly).  If you are 'good enough' but want more settling, then leisure bras are used or regular bras but no cinching of straps.  And if you feel they are too high/full on top, then strap use is recommended... but all of this applies to smooth round implants and if you have textured anatomic implants, they aren't supposed to fluff and drop.  Overall, you look fine so you have to decide on where you want the upper poles at... and my emphasis is on the upper poles since that is what everyone else sees.

Curtis Wong, MD

After breast augmentation

Hi and thanks for your question and posted photos. Congratulations for your BA surgery, your result so far is great, it usually takes about 6 weeks for swelling to go away and after 6 months skin have adapted to the new volume and implants are not changing much more. 

Dr. Milla

Hector Milla, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

3 weeks post op

Thank you for the question and photos. You appear to be on track at 3 weeks. It will take between 2-6 months for your breasts to completely drop and soften. Follow up with your Plastic Surgeon and try to hold off on evaluating your results for a few months.

All the best

Fluff and drop

Congrats on your new look! 3 weeks is way to early to be worrying about the position of your implant. It already seems you have a great result. Give yourself a couple of more months (sometimes up to 6months), before your judge your final look.

Kiran Polavarapu, MD
Fort Worth Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for your question. Based on your photos, you look great for this point in healing. I would recommend waiting 3 months to see the full result. 

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Result

Thank you for the photos and at this point in time you look great!  So quit worrying and enjoy your new body

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

You look great for only 3 weeks postop. I always advise my patients to wait a good 3-4 months (and in some cases, even 6 months) to see their final results to allow all the swelling to resolve and to let the implants drop and settle some. Best of luck for great results!

Thank you for your question and photographs, and it appears that you will have a very nice result. After placement of implants, the overall appearance of the breasts will change dramatically as the implants drop, and the overlying tissues stretch to accommodate the extra volume. Though your breasts will not get bigger, the implant volume will redistribute into the lower portion of your breast, rounding it out and filling your bra cup differently.  I know waiting is difficult, but judge your results at 4-6 months after surgery as most of your breast changes should have occurred by then. Hope this helps.

BA healing procces

Hello dear, thanks for your post and provided information as well. Patience is one of the most important factors in achieving the best results in cosmetic surgery. We all want to see the final result as early as possible. Unfortunately, the healing process is complicated and takes time. The surest way to get a poor result is to undergo revision surgery before your body is ready for additional surgery.

Breast augmentations take about six months for the swelling to go down and the breasts to settle and assume their final size and shape. When we do a breast enlargement, surgeons try to center the implant behind the nipple. Minor position adjustments can be accomplished to account for the normal asymmetry that most women have. If the breasts are different sizes, saline implants can be adjusted to achieve better symmetry.

Please wait until six months post op and then return to your original surgeon. Minor asymmetry is normal. Too vigorous surgical approaches may result in more expense, more scarring, and new complications.

Good luck :)