How long after a Belt Lipectomy can you begin walking ?

Walking after a belt lipectomy.

you should beginning walking the same or next day. Walking will be the one thing you can do to avoid PE  

Ambulation After Surgery

Thank you for your question.  You should start walking immediately after surgery to reduce your risk of a blood clot.  Blood thinners are also helpful in reducing your risk.

George Bitar, MD
Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

Walking after belt lipectomy

I want all of my patients to walk within a few hours of belt lipectomy surgery.  It is important to walk early to reduce the risk of DVT or pulmonary embolus.

David Stoker, MD

Walking after a belt lipectomy

Always follow the advice of your surgeon, but I advise my patients to begin walking the night of surgery.  Early ambulation is important in reducing the risk of blood clots in the legs (DVT) and the more you lay in bed, the more difficult it will be to get up.  In my experience, patients who get up and walk early in the recovery process feel better faster.

Up walking the next day

Always best to get up and get moving.  The next day you should be comfortable enough to start doing that.

Dr Rodger Shortt
Plastic Surgeon Oakville
Ass't Clin Professor
Director of Cosmetic Surgery Training,
McMaster University

Rodger Shortt, FRCSC

Hello and thank you for your question. I answered your first question which really pertains to all your questions.  Out of bed after surgery with help. Continue the scd's. I do hundreds of 10 hour cases with this regimen and excellent results.
Peter Fisher M.D. 

Peter Fisher, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon