Is lipo of thighs, even though down the road I will need body and thigh lift for saggy skin, worth it?

I've lost a lot of weight after having a gastric sleeve done and currently weigh 225, down from 328. I still have a lot of weight to lose, and I know body and thigh lifts, etc, aren't done at this stage yet but I'm wondering if some lipo of my upper thighs is possible as they bulge weirdly they make all of my clothing look funny. I'm willing to travel to wherever the 'right' doctor is, someone who is experienced in dealing with heavier patients. Thank you for any advice!

Can I do lipo after a large weight loss?

Yes, liposuction/sculpture can be done at any time after a gastric sleeve procedure. Some of the other body contouring ones can also be done without jeopardizing the eventual result if you are still losing weight. I usually advise my bariatric patients to wait for at least several months after their weight has stabilized. Bariatric face, body, breast contouring is my specialty. I am President of the American Society of Bariatric Plastic Surgeons. If you are from out of my area, then we can do FACETIME/SKYPE. Also, I try and get your procedures covered by your insurance. If not, we offer exceptional financing.

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

If you area still in the process of losing weight, you should probably continue to lose as much as you want before committing to surgery.

Body conturing: Information

Dearfivekids10,

CONGRADULATIONS on your weight loss.  Thank you for your story and questions. However without photos or a examination of your tissues I can only give general information.

You indeed are on a journey to reclaim your body. As you loose additional weight there may other areas of "diet" resistant fat.

As you have noted its always optimal to attain your goal weight then put to together a plan of body contouring.

However, if you have areas that limit your wardrobe/lifestyle and realize this is just a temporary fix then a temporizing procedure may be reasonable.

I suggest you make a appointment with a Bd. Cert. Plastic Surgeon(s) who are members of the Am Soc. for Aesthestic Plastic Surgery (denoting by membership experience and focus on Cosmetic Plastic Surgery).

Again CONGRADULATIONS on your weight loss and my best,

R. A. Hardesty, MD, FACS, BD. Cert. Plastic Surgeon

Robert A. Hardesty, MD, FACS
Riverside Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction

Thank you for the question and liposuction can be used to debunk an area of excess if one recognizes in your situation that it will not significantly tighten the skin.  Whether that would be a good idea for you requires an examination.  So see some experts and be evaluated

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

Liposuction Facts on The Thighs

For best results with liposuction, it's best to be at your ideal or stable weight. It sounds like you are still in the process of losing. For best results, I suggest seeing a body contouring expert about a long-term plan. For liposuction, I use VASER HI DEF with ThermiRF, ultrasound and fat grafting to get the most fat removal, skin tightening, and contouring. See an expert. If you have loose skin you may need skin removal surgery at the same time or post treatment RF treatments like vanquish, exilis, venus legacy.  Best, Dr. Emer