Do I NEED a lift with implant or will implant alone be okay? (photos)

I have surgery booked for next month and am Sapposta be just getting saline under the muscle night profile implants NO LIFT, will they be okay worried about scaring from a lift and only 22 so would rather wit for the lift

Breast Lift with Implants

Thank you for your question. You seem to be a good candidate for a breast lift with implants. Unfortunately, implants alone will not provide enough of a lift. Scarring fades over time, and you may not be happy with the results if you just have implants. Make sure you're working with a board certified plastic surgeon who has expertise in this area and discuss your concerns thoroughly. 

Do I need a Lift?

Thanks for your question. I think you can wait and do a lift later. You have min sag, it appears that your nipples are at the level of your breast crease. You should consider a high profile implant and one that fits  your breasts' base diameter. Good luck. 

Mehdi K. Mazaheri, MD

Breast Lift and Augmentation

Hello, thanks for your inquiry, unfortunately your case would do better with a lift than with just augmentation itself. A lollipop lift will give you wonderful results, and the scar is minimal and most of the times fades with time. 

Please make sure that you and your surgeon are on the same page. Don't forget to discuss all your concerns, options and expectations thoroughly. Have a safe and pleasant PS Journey!
Dr. Jaime Campos-Leon

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift considerations

One approach to take would be to do the augmentation and see if you like the cosmetic result. If you don't, then a breast lift could be done later to improve breast shape and nipple position.

Yes, You need a Lift

Your result will be droopy, unappealing, and definitely not normal.  Get over your fear of scars; women that have an augmentation with a breast lift are much more concerned with shape then scars after the surgery. Go visit a few ABPS certified/ASAPS member surgeons expert in all forms of breast surgery, not just implants. 

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Do I NEED a lift with implant or will implant alone be okay?

The idea of avoiding a lift at your age is reasonable however I feel that a face-to-face exam would be necessary since your photographs are not adequate in my opinion to give you good advice.  Specifically the side view of your right breast appears to have been taken with your arm elevated which can alter the position of your nipple artificially.  I suggest that you get a second opinion from an ABPS board-certified plastic surgeon and member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery to be certain that you are making the right decision.  Please watch the video linked above for more information that you will find of interest.  Good luck.

Jon A Perlman M.D., FACS
Diplomate, American Board of Plastic Surgery
Member, American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS)
ABC-TV Extreme Makeover Surgeon
Beverly Hills, California

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Breast implants alonee

From the pictures you posted, it looks like breasts implants alone might give you a satisfactory result. Implants often help give the illusion of a lift. After nine to twelve months, when the implants are mostly settled, you'll have a better idea if you feel your breasts are perky enough. You can always get a lift at a later date if you desire. For more information on this and similar topics, I recommend a plastic surgery Q&A book like "The Scoop On Breasts: A Plastic Surgeon Busts the Myths."

Ted Eisenberg, DO, FACOS
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

From the photos I think you will probably be OK with the augment alone. I can appreciate your preference to limit scarring and so your current plan is OK. 

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Breast Augmentation and Mastopexy (lift): information

Dear Ms. Oliviasealmeida,

Thank you for your questions and photos.

Nothing substitutes for a examination and measurements. Thus based on the information you have provided I believe it is reasonable to start with the breast augmentation and if you want a different shape of the breast,  location of the  nipple areolae complex (NAC) or reduction of the NAC a mastopexy could be performed at a latter date.

I trust you have chosen a Bd. Cert. Plastic Surgeon and who ideally us a member of 

the American Society for Aesthestic Plastic Surgery.

My best,

Dr. Hardesty, MD, FACS

Diplomate and Cert. by the Am. Bd. of Plastic Surgery