Irritated skin hanging out of my vagina has not always been there? (Photos)

So this is new but is irratated and a little sore from rubbing I'm assuming. I have an almost 3 yr old and had a DNC 2 months ago. I am going in to see my OB but in till I get in can anyone tell me what's going on???

"...Whats this tiny little tongue thingy doing slipping out of my vagina?!? A prolapsed hymenal skin tag.

This is a prolapsed skin tag from the hymen that tore loose probably during childbirth, stayed inside, and may have gotten pulled out with the vaginal retractor used during your D&C. It has slipped out and gotten a bit inflamed.  See your Gyne--(s)he can clip it off in the office under local anesthesia if it's bugging you!
Michael P Goodman, MD
Davis, CA, USA

Remnant of the hymen

Looks like remnant of the hymen. Got inflammed. Would recommend steroid cream for couple week followed by surgical removal. Please get exam and advise from your gynecologist. Hope this helps.

Armen Kirakosyan, MD, FACOG, FACS
East Aurora Urogynecologist

Hymen remnant

Hello. What you have is an irritated hymenal remnant. It's a tag from when your hymen was broken. It has likely always been there tucked inside and now that it is irritated it hangs out and you notice it. It can be removed if you wish. ~Dr Poucher

You've got an irritated hymenal tag

You've got a swollen and irritated hymenal tag. Like a hemorrhoid, it's been there for years, but wasn't noticeable until it got swollen. Now that it's swollen, it can be treated with creams or removed. See your gynecologist. I would recommend a cream.

Irritated skin hanging out of my vagina has not always been there

Thank you for sharing.  The most likely scenario is that a little remnant of the hymenal ring is now apparent out of the opening of the vagina.  This is not dangerous and does not need to be addressed unless it bothers you from a functional or aesthetic perspective.If you wish to have it removed, it is an easy and straightforward procedure with very little down time.  This is usually performed in an office type setting under local anesthesia.

Irritated skin hanging out my vagina?

Based upon your photos it appears you have a remnant from your hymenal ring.  This is likely from delivery and not the D and C. This is not uncommon and can be removed fairly easily.  I think this procedure should be covered by your healthcare insurance and will only take a few days to recover.  You should defer sexual intercourse for six weeks. Make sure you see a OBGYN that specializes in vaginal surgery.  Many OBGYN really mostly  just deliver babies and are not good surgeons.  The reason I am mentioning that was that when you had your D and C, this hymenal skin tag could have easily been removed and save you the bother.

Irritated skin hanging out of my vagina has not always been there?

Thank you for your question and for sharing your photograph. This bit of extra skin that has some irritation is likely a remnant from your hymenal ring.  Though okay to leave alone if it continues to cause issues it can be removed with a small in-office procedure.  Hope that this helps.