Indent and pushing out. (photos)

I'm 4 weeks PO from BL/BA. This week a large indent formed under my right breast approx size strawberry. Since day 1, the implant has been pushing out around the 8oclock position and I can actually feel the implant and push it inwards where it "should" be. This side is much lower as well. I did not have any symmetry issues pre-op. Should I worry?

You do have one implant lower

and do your best to support with bra as you heal.  Assuming nothing changes as you heal, you will need a revision which could range from a formal procedure in the OR if your fold is much lower than the other side to a elliptical excision done in the office under local to remove some tissue from the droopier, larger side to improve symmetry and shorten the fold nipple distance.  Worrying at this point will not help anything except make your life more difficult so its best to focus on healing and to keep your surgeon informed of your concerns so  he/she can be formulating a plan for you when you are healed and provide recommendations on how best to stabilize your implants.

Implant Dropout

Unfortunately, one of your implants has completely dropped out from where it was located.  This was likely exacerbated by the 'lollypop' breast lift, which allows persistent skin excess in the vertical vector.  You will need to heal, but will eventually need a revision. If your surgeon isn't a ABPS certified/ASAPS member surgeon expert in revision breast surgery, you should get a few second opinions with those that are.  Best of luck!

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

One implant much lower after breast lift and implants

Thank you for asking about your breast lift and implants.

• I am sorry you are going through this but I do see the issue.
  • It is hard to tell from the photos, but the implant on the lower side seems to be too far down. 
  • It is possible this is natural asymmetry. 
  • Or it may be that the tissues are not strong enough to support the implant or that a double bubble is beginning. 
  • Please return to your surgeon for an examination to decide how to manage this. 

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS