Implants rising after 2 years? (Photo)

My under muscle silicone implants are two years old. About four months ago the natural slope disappeared and the top bulges up unnaturally. They look fine from the front, but look deformed from side view without a bra. The natural slope is gone. There is no pain and they are still very soft and squishy like before. When I push down slightly it looks how it used to. Why would this happen so far out? Is there something I can do to fix it without more surgery?

Implants rising after 2 years?

If your breasts are soft, I suspect that the problem is that your breast tissue if sagging off of the implants and you are seeing more of the top of the implant now. Your options for correction (if you choose to do anything at this point) include a breast lift or possibly replacing the implant with a lower profile implant that projects less in the upper pole.

Breast Implants Rising after surgery

It's possible that your implants are starting to encapsulate. I suggest that you see your PS soon to determine what is going on. There are some medications that can help in the early stage.Best wishes,Dr K

Robert M. Kachenmeister, MD

Capsular contracture

you may be developing a capsule which is scar tissue around the implant. Check with your board certified plastic surgeon so you can have a complete examination to determine if this is what you have.

Susan Kaweski, MD

Breast implants rising after two years

Breast implants will only appear to "rise" if you are developing capsular contractures or if your breast tissue starts to hang off of the implants.   Both situations can occur simultaneously,  particularly if you already had some tissue laxity to begin with. While capsular contractures can occur at any time for reasons unknown, the latter can develop over time due to development of tissue laxity, or due to weight loss. Even though your implants feel soft, an exam would be required to determine if capsular contractures have developed, if there is breast tissue sagging off of the implants, or a combination of both. The surgical treatment depends on what the issue is. 

Orna Fisher, MD

Implants cannot defy gravity

and if you do not have a developing contracture (as you state your breasts are soft and squishy), then your breast tissue is falling off the top and your tissue (not your implant) is bottoming out.  If pinching of your inferior pole in a vertical direction produces the look you want, a simple office revision can be done to improve your looks.

Curtis Wong, MD

Loss of Breast Shape

Hello,You would need to be examined, but it appears your breast tissue is sagging off of the implants. There may be an element of scar contracture, but again that would be determined during examination.  Changes to results after any cosmetic plastic surgical procedure is normal and expected. Depending on procedures performed, and choices made, e.g. implant size, placement, use of a lift/type of lift, the durability of your results will vary. Best of luck!

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Breast implant riding high

Thank you for the question.Based on what you've described, either your breast tissue has began to sag, and no the implant is more noticeable. Or, you have an early form of capsular contracture, which is pushing the implant higher than it should. Either way, you should see your plastic surgeon for an unperson consultation. Best of luck to you. 

Implants rising after 2 years

Thank you for the question and the pictures.     You really need to make an appointment with your plastic surgeon to be evaluated in person. Good Luck

Richard Rosenblum, MD
Virginia Beach Plastic Surgeon

Implant problems

Thank you for your question.I would recommend contacting your surgeon.  The description you gave makes it sound like you make have the start of a capsular contracture.  An in person evaluation is the only way to know for sure what is going on. Good luck.

Francis Johns, MD
Greensburg Plastic Surgeon

Implants rising after 2 years?

Thank you for your question.  Either you have capsular contracture or your breast tissue is sagging below the level of your implants.  These issues can be addressed with revision surgery.  Be sure to see your plastic surgeon to get evaluated.  Good luck.

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS