I have a small (3mm) basal cell CA on my R lateral lip, approx 3mm from the vermillion border. Any suggestions? (photos)

I have a small (3mm) basal cell CA on my R lateral lip, approx 3mm from the vermillion border. It has been present for 1 year. I will be having Mohs next week. The dermatologic surgeon, who is fellowship trained, has recommended an A-T or A-L flap closure; possible a simple closure if it extends into my lip. I would just like to know if that's what other surgeons would recommend as well.

BCC on the lip

Judging by your photo those sound like the great repair options and you will likely not need anything more involved. The repair will likely depend on whether the defect after removal of you cancer extends through the vermillion border into the pink part of the lip. Of course we never know for sure until we look under the microscope but your cancer looks small and you should do well. One thing to keep in mind is that lips tend to swell quite a bit for the first week or so and some swelling can at times persist weeks to months. Rest assured that the swelling will subside with time. Good luck

Saint Helena Dermatologist