What can be done to fix this? (Photo)

I had a tummy tuck and lipo of my flanks almost a year ago. I had some minor issue with part of the incision and have lost 25 more pounds and hate the way my scar is and now have extra loose skin - is this an easy fix to freeze and remove a little or does it all need redone

Revision Abdominoplasty

I don't like your scar either: spread wide and way to high on your abdomen. It should be down at the level of the eyes in your yellow face sticker you placed over your genitals, and extend between the thighs and abdomen along the sides to the hips. Unfortunately, any substantial changes that can be made would require a large revision surgery. If this is something you would contemplate, go visit a few ABPS certified/ASAPS member surgeons that specialize in body contouring.

TT scar extension

After you losing more weight, you have developed saggy skin laterally.

You are a great candidate for an extension of TT incision in order to tighten the skin.

Your result will improve even more.

Be encouraged.

Dr. Cardenas

What can be done to fix this?

Far more important than deciding if a tummy tuck is for you is the skill and experience of your plastic surgeon. Choose your surgeon rather than the technique and let him explain why one technique may be better than another and if you need a tummy tuck. Many board certified plastic surgeons provide a free first time consult and you should take advantage of that!
See the below link on some suggestions on finding the most qualified Plastic Surgeon for you!The best clients are patients who are healthy but have EXCESS SKIN OR FAT that does not respond to diet and exercise. Patients who have undergone SIGNIFICANT WEIGHT LOSS and have hanging skin. Women with loose skin and stretch marks FOLLOWING PREGNANCY, as in your case. Anyone with LOSS OF SKIN ELASTICITY. Patients who are unable to tighten the abdominal wall with exercise. If you have loose or sagging abdominal wall skin; often associated with relaxation of the anterior abdominal wall muscles (frequently secondary to multiple pregnancies)

Repairing Incisions and Scars after Surgery

It may take several months for a tummy tuck patient’s scars to soften, for sensation to return, and for relaxing of the tight sensation in the abdomen. In the case of extensive surgery, abdominoplasty recovery can be uncomfortable and may take longer. Scars may stay red, become thick or widen. It can take 12-18 months for the scars to settle.

These can be improved with topical treatments such as BioCorneum, Scar Guard, Scar Fade and Mederma. Redness can be improved with laser treatments and the scars can be kept narrow with products such as Embrace.  On occasion, keloids or hypertrophic scars can develop and will need treatment including Kenalog, 5FU and laser.

Revision

Thank you for the question and you may actually have several options from the simple, minimally invasive tightening and fat removal to the more complex formal scar and fat removal(revision) So go on some complimentary consultations with experts in your area and be evaluated

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

What can be done to fix this?

Thank you for sharing your question and photographs and congratulations on your continued weight loss.  Depending on an in-person examination of your tissues you may be able to have liposuction alone to further reduce your adipose deposits around your waist but if your skin laxity is too great you would need to redo your procedure to remove the excess skin.  Hope this helps.