I'm very fit, lift weights 5 days a wk, very little body fat. Would like a Breast augmentation and lift, tummy tuck. (photos)

diastasis recti , extra skin, and abdominal distention, what would be the best option to get rid of the skin, fix sep, and give myself a little shape without making the c section scar bigger ? When can I go back to lifting weights? Is my abdominal separation causing back pain? Breast - do I need a lift ? Should they be above or under the muscle , don't want them to high , looking for a big B .

Mommy Makeover options

From your photos, it appears that you would be an excellent candidate for a tummy tuck and possibly only a breast augmentation without a lift. Much of this needs to be determined in person, but there are options to limit the scarring where possible. Keeping the scar the length of the c-section is a mini tummy tuck and this will not address the excess skin you have on the abdomen (above the belly button). And, you will need a repair of the diastasis along the entire abdomen to address the laxity of the abdominal wall. I have seen patients have improvement in their posture and back pain by reestablishing the balance between the abdomen and lower back.You should see a board certified plastic surgeon in your area to get a formal opinion through an in-person consultation. Best of luck, Vincent Marin, MD San Diego Plastic Surgeon

Mommy makeover candidate

Based on these photos you would benefit from a breast augmentation under the muscle, without a lift. A tummy tuck will address your rectus diastasis but your scar would need to be longer than your C section scar. No weight lifting for at least six weeks. Consult with a few plastic surgeons in person for a thorough exam and you will have all your questions answered.
Best wishes,Dr.Bruno

William Bruno, MD

Augmentation would be your best choice

Thank you for your question. I believe a mini tummy tuck and breast augmentation would be your best choice. I think the implants under your muscle would help give you the fullness you are looking for in your breasts. A breast lift is not necessary in my opinion, with the pictures you provided.  Remember to consult with your board certified plastic surgeon. Best of Luck!

Mary Jo Wright, MD
El Paso Plastic Surgeon

Your Mommy Makeover

From your photos it appears as though you're a perfect candidate for a #tummytuck which will tighten you abdomen muscles and give you a nice, flat stomach.  You would benefit from a #breastaugmentation, but you don't seem to need a #breastlift.  
Make an in-person consultation with a #boardcertified plastic surgeon to determine what will be best for you.

Mommy Makeover candidate?

Thanks for the photos.  You don't appear to need a breast lift but you need to discuss the options of posiitioning of your implants with your ABPS Bd Certified plastic surgeon due to your interest in weight lifting.  Under the muscle lessens the risk of capsule contracture and rippling (with smooth silicone implants) above reduces the risk of deformation with muscle contracture.  I'm guessing that you have enough skin laxity to permit a full (rather than mini) TT with muscle tightening.  I know how difficult it will be to stop exercising during recovery but in both cases it becomes essential in my opinion to reduct the risk of capsule contracture, seroma, hematoma, etc.....  If you want the greatest chance for an excellent result allow yourself a smooth recovery by not pushing your return to the gym.  Discuss these details with your selected surgeon but keep in mind that pushing for a quicker recovery comes at a price.I also point out to my patients that removal of maximal excess skin requires an appropriately positioned incision that is a worthwhile trade-off for its benefit.  The use of taping systems or silicone gel usually helps reduce incision line prominence but plan to have a longer incision than your C section and plan to cover it with appropriate clothing (if necessary).  Review many before and after photos to see average results and incision lines.  The video linked to above will also show you the difference between a mini and a full TT.Best wishes and good luck.
Jon A Perlman MD FACS  Certified, American Board of Plastic Surgery  Extreme Makeover Surgeon ABC TV Best of Los Angeles Award 2015, 2016  Beverly Hills, Ca

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Mommy Makeover /Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/Tummy Tuck/Liposuction/BBL

I appreciate your question. From your photos, you appear to be an excellent candidate for Breast Augmentation and Tummy Tuck.  You do not appear to need a Breast Lift.  For a weight lifter like yourself, it may be better to place implants above the muscle. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon

You would benefit from a full TT and a BA without a lift

you should get a great result from both a BA and a TT.
Based on your photos, i do not think you will need a lift. i would strongly recommend putting the implants behind the muscle and going with silicone implants since you are small breasted with low body fat.
your TT incision must go beyond your C-section scar but it will be worth it and the scar will fade.
i would let you start doing leg weight work outs around 10-14 days but start gradually and easilyarms around 10-14 days but only biceps and triceps etc but avoid chest and back and abdominal muscles.these would need to wait until 5-6 weeks. 
make sure you see a board certified PS

David E. Berman, MD
Sterling Plastic Surgeon

Mommy makeover for you!

You should consider a breast and tummy procedure as you have alluded. The breast augmentation versus lift will be determined by the size of your implant; if your implant radius is longer than your nipple to inframammary fold distance, then you will need a lift to raise your nipple and increase the distance from the nipple to the fold to accommodate your new implant; if you need your muscles tightened, then you will need a full tummy tuck; if your muscles are tight, then you can get away with a mini tummy tuck; you can check the status of your muscles by doing a straight leg lift and seeing how far out your stomach muscles stick out.

Arian Mowlavi, MD

Mommy make-over planning.

Thank you for asking about your mommy make-over.
  • Good for you for being so fit!
  • The good news is that you do not appear to need a breast lift - your breasts look deflated, but the nipples and breast position remain good.
  • However you have a lot of loose skin and very stretched muscle -
  • You need a tummy tuck and it willr require a longer scar than a C section -
  • Yes, a wide diastasis can definitely cause back pain because your abdominal core can not longer support you.
  • There are pros and cons to putting muscles above and below the muscle - 
  • For an avid weight lifter, above may be better for you.
  • Usually after a mommy make-over, one can start doing light arm and leg weights after a few weeks but a full work out is usually not wise until 6 weeks after surgery.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Mommy makeover

In evaluating the abdomen a plastic surgeon looks at three things: skin fat and muscle. You have extra skin which needs removal, there is not significantly excess fat, and you have a moderate to severe diastases. This combination requires a full Abdominoplasty  to fix If the extra skin is not as much of a problem you could have just a muscle repair which could be done through your existing excision with an umbilical float type of procedure. However to correct everything you would have to have a longer scar As far as your breasts are concerned augmentation alone should give you an excellent result. Your best option is to see a board-certified plastic surgeon with considerable  experience in breast and  Abdominoplasty surgery 

Andrew Kaczynski, MD
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon