Can filler be used to improve the bottom half of my face after Chin Implant? (photos)

I had a chin implant placed due to a weak chin but i am still unhappy with the bottom half of my face. I dont want any more surgery but i think filler could improve thing. I dont like the dimpling in my chin and the puffy area around my upper lip. Overall i feel like the lower half of my face looks manly. I am not sure exactly what needs to be done. Filler in chin? Laugh lines? I also notice that from the side my chin sort of points up and my jaw line is still not defined. What can be done?

Filler

Filler can certainly be used. However, before you proceed down that path, you should know that the chin is quite swollen and inflamed for several months (up to 12-18 months) after the surgery. As a result, you should not probably do anything for at least a year.  Good luck!!!

Salt Lake City Facial Plastic Surgeon

Adjustment of soft tissue after chin implant placement

There is a good chance that with well planned use of fillers your "deformity" may be further corrected. You should seek a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon with good reputation in facial rejuvenation (not an "injector") for clinical evaluation and discuss your options. Start with your surgeon, first. Good luck.

Zoran Potparic, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

Filler for chin area

Filler for the chin area is a great supplement tool; I would choose Radiesse which has the proper consistency and lasts upto 2 years.

Arian Mowlavi, MD

Can filler be used to improve the bottom half of my face after Chin Implant?

Hi, I have performed many Chin Augmentations using chin implants for over 30 years.  From the photos, your chin is weak.  A weak chin creates an imbalance making the nose appear larger, the mid face top heavy and the lower face look short that de-emphasizes the lips and allows early formation of a double chin.  Chin augmentation using a chin implant will add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face. 

I have found that placement of a silastic chin implant, through a small curved incision under the chin (also allows excess skin removal) to be very safe, quick, highly effective and far less invasive than a sliding genioplasty.  I perform chin implant surgery in 30 minutes or less, often using a local anesthetic alone.  Your chin is still very weak.  You might consider a larger sized chin implant for more chin projection.  This would be far more "cost effective" over time that using a dermal filler.

Hope this helps.