I had Filler put under my eye 5 years ago; now I have a bag under the other eye. Is Juvederm causing this?

I had Filler put under my eye 5 years ago. Over time the one eye developed a soft lump on my skin area lower than tear trough. ( about 1 year later) At the 5 Year mark I tried dissolving it and it worked. Now my question is I have a bag on the other eye. It is truly in an area that it could be an under eye bag however my other eye does not have this. Could this also be the Juvéderm still there causing the issue? If I used something to dissolve it and it was just a bag could I cause more problems?

Long Term Juvederm--Dissolve if Necessary

5 years later, the Juvederm should be dissolved at this point. I recommend getting a formal consultation with a cosmetic dermatologist. If it is filler, it can be dissolved with hyaluronidase. If it is an eye bag, I suggest fillers, lasers, microneedling/PRP for improvement without needing any surgery. Best, Dr. Emer.

Under eye bags surgery after previous eyelid filler

Best to see an oculoplastic specialist. You may benefit from lower blepharoplasty to remove or reposition the bags/fat. See following link and video.

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

5 years after Juvederm in tear trough, still possible that its there

I have seen this problem with Juvederm years later. I would use hyaluronidase to remove it. Most likely this is the problem. Juvederm is not the right filler for this area. I always use Restylane and cannulas for the tear troughs.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Filler under the eye

Filler under the eyes should be avoided as it can lead to puffiness and a blue hue, called the Tindel effect. In order to provide you a definitive recommendation, you should consider a consultation with a plastic surgeon.

Arian Mowlavi, MD

Under eye bags

Thank you for your questions.  It is difficult to answer these questions without an in-person evaluation, especially without photos.  Juvederm should be completely dissolved at this point..5 years later.  I recommend a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who is experienced in lower eyelid surgery and filler products.  Best  wishes!