How can I treat extreme cellulite?

I have had a lot of cellulite my whole life even though I am active, fit and thin. I am 44 years old and cellulite plagues my front, back thigh, knees and butt. It is extreme. I also suffer from varicose veins. I am so embarrassed even though I am fit. I watch my diet, exercise, swim, take vitamins, dry brush, use creams and nothing works. I have tried a rolling type of machine and it does nothing. I know other treatments are temporary and expensive. Any advice would be appreciated. It's awful!

Best Options?

For treating #cellulite, my office typically recommends one of three treatment plans: #Cellfina, #VelaShape III, #ThremiSmooth.

#Cellfina is the newest technology and probably most effective. It is a minimally invasive one-time procedure under local anesthetic that removes the fibrous bands under the skin that cause fat to bulge through creating the appearance of cellulite. The results are fairly #permanent.

#VelaShape and #ThermiSmooth are #non-invasive #bodyshaping products that can help reduce the appearance of your cellulite over the course of multiple sessions.

Book an in-person consultation with a #BoardCertified #PlasticSurgeon to determine which treatment plan is right for you.

Best of luck.

Extreme cellulite

Investigate Cellfina, probably the best treatment for cellulite on the market today. Using local anesthesia, Cellfina employs a fine reciprocating needle to release the fibrous bands which cause cellulite. Patient satisfaction rates for the procedure have been well over 90% three years following treatment.

Cellfina / Cellulite Reduction/ Liposuction/ Skin Tightening / BBL/ High Definition Procedures

Cellfina is an FDA approved minimally invasive procedure that reduces the appearance of cellulite for at least two years on the buttocks and back of the thighs of women.
It works by releasing the internal bands that cause the cellulite dimpling and so we have not seen any fat atrophy. You should not see much of a difference with weight gain or loss but this also has not been studied.
Other areas of the body with dimpling, it is important to make sure it is truly cellulite before treatment.

It is common to have swelling bruising and firmness after the procedure. This can last for a few weeks.
It is different than Cellulaze which is a laser.
If you have had previous poor results with cellulaze, you can still do Cellfina.
Cellfina has shown 100% noticeable improvement and 96% satisfaction in all patients at 2 years.
Cellfina is designed to be a one time procedure.
It can be used on women with all skin types but caution should be taken if theres a history of keloiding.  It can also be combined with other treatments such as Thermi or Ulthera if skin tightening is needed.

We have done Sculpsure and Coolsculpting if fat reduction is wanted, but its best to wait 3 months to see the results before proceeding.

It can also be done at the same time as other procedures such as liposuction and BBL or as a stand alone procedure in the office.

Since Cellfina outcomes can be based on technique and experience, please see a board certified plastic surgeon that specializes body contouring to see if Cellfina or other treatments are available to meet your goals.

Take care,

Dr. Schwartz
Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute
#RealSelf100Surgeon

Extreme Cellulite treatment.

There is only one truly effective and proven lasting cellulite treatment out there, and that is CELLFINA. All of the other lotions, potions, creams, treatments, radio frequency devices, including Cellulaze, are at best, mediocre, and, in many cases, completely worthless. Cellulaze is a laser-based procedure that has a much higher complication rate, as well as a much lower patient satisfaction rate, so that answer is pretty clear. CELLFINA is the only cellulite treatment that has a proven track record of 96% patient satisfaction at 2 years post treatment. Nothing else is even remotely as effective as Cellfina. I have attached a link to my website, explaining how this remarkable system works. There are patient testimonials and schematics reviewing the details of this remarkable breakthrough treatment. Thank you for your good question

Steven M. Gitt, MD, FACS (in memoriam)
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Cellulite treatments

Cellulite is caused by connective bands woven throughout the fat that pull down the skin, creating dimpling seen on the skin’s surface. It is genetic in nature. Some people can loosen the tension on these bands by decreasing the amount of fat between the skin and the underlying fascial connection. Others just have cellulite and are skinny.

The Cellfina procedure is a minimally invasive one that numbs the area around the dimple on your buttocks or thighs, and then treats the connective bands woven throughout the fat that pull down the skin, creating dimpling seen on the skin’s surface. The Cellfina cellulite procedure works by precisely treating these tethered bands, causing them to fully release. Similar to a rubberband under tension, once released, the treated skin bounces back to smooth itself out in as little as three days.

Weight gain or weight loss should not affect the outcomes and the results have been seen for over 2 years (if not more). It is truly a really exciting new technology that most women can benefit from.
For the transverse skin wrinkles that often happen on the front of the thighs, I recommend Pellefirm treatments. I would also do Pellefirm treatments on the backs of the thighs and buttocks for improved skin over the Cellfina-treated areas.

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Treatments for Cellulite

Thank you for your question. cellulite is not something which is eliminated, or removed permanentlly, despite many claims to the contrary. Cellulite is a genetic, hormonal, and activity influenced condition which seems to afflict more women than men. There are many devices flooding the market which do seem to improve the appearance of cellulite. A healthy diet, avoidance of salty, fast food, and daily exericse are great places to start. I hope this helps!

Vivek Bansal, MD
Danville Plastic Surgeon

Look into the Cellulase laser device

Thanks for your question and cellulite remains one of the most difficult skin
concerns we treat. We recommend that you consult with a board-certified
dermatologist or plastic surgeon and learn the various treatment options
out there – including the Cellulase laser device which is laser that is
inserted into the skin and uses a side-firing fiber to treat cellulite.
In addition, many of us use radiofrequency (RF) skin tightening devices here
– and they will improve cellulite in many. The Venus Legacy, the EndyMed
3Deep, the Alma Accent, the BTL Exilis, the Ellman PelleFirm, and the
Syneron VelaShape III which all can work here. These require a series of
treatments and then a maintenance program to keep the cellulite in check.

Michael Gold, MD
Nashville Dermatologic Surgeon

Cellulaze

Unfortunately cellulite troubles 80% of women and as you have mentioned there are not many treatments out there. Cellulaze is a revolutionary technology that through a minimally invasive procedure can drastically reduce the appearance of cellulite. The benefits of Cellulaze include:

*Minimally invasive procedure
*Treats cellulite from under the skin rather than over the dermis like typical treatments
*Quick healing process
*Long-lasting results
*Single treatment

I recommend you consult with a qualified physician to map out the best treatment plan for you. Good Luck!

Bruce E. Katz, MD