Follow-up: Over dissection vs bottoming out vs implant placed too low? (Photo)

Follow up to previous question with a different picture. Would this be considered over dissection? Bottoming out? Implant placed too low and laterally? Popping sensation in Rt breast after bending forward. 4 weeks post-op. Feels like it will pop out right side without support.

Implant Malposition

When implant malposition occurs so soon after surgery, the most likely cause is surgical error. I'm sure your surgeon is cognizant of this problem and wants to rectify this for you as soon as possible. If not, go visit a few ABPS certified/ASAPS member surgeons that specialize in revision breast surgery. Best of luck!

May need a touch up

From your photographs, it appears that a vertical type mastopexy was done. At this point, with this long of a vertical limb, it is unlikely to get shorter with time. I would wait several months until everything softens up and then merely add a horizontal component to decrease the distance from the nipple to the inframammary fold. Best of luck.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

Placement

Thank you for the photos and question and though an examination is needed it looks like you may have been a better candidate for an anchor scar then a vertical lift.  Seeing preppy photos would be helpful!

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD