Is there any danger or negative side effect to having more than four coolsculpting treatments to the same location? (photos)

I purchased a large package and I want to treat each spot approximately 5-8 times to achieve desired result.

CoolSculpting Expectations

CoolSculpting is best for small to moderate localized pockets of fat.  The CoolMax treatment applicator can "debulk" larger areas, however, you are not likely to have "all abdomen fat gone."  You can expect 20-25% reduction with each treatment. Look for results at 3 months instead of 3 weeks. Quicker results are seen with liposuction, but even with this procedure, you may not be able to obtain your goal of "all abdomen fat gone."  Best of luck

Washington Dermatologic Surgeon

Time duration between treatments

there is no specific maximum number of treatments for the cool sculpting procedure, it is prudent to wait at least one month between each session. The biggest concern with overtreatment or an appropriate placement of the handpiece  is that it could lead to an indentation.  After approximately 2 to 3 treatments, it may be wise to wait anywhere from 2 to 4 months to see if you need further treatments. 
 Again,  cool sculpting is not a weight-loss device therefore the treatment plan which includes diet  and exercise can give you better results. 
All the bestDr Soni

Hardik Soni, MD
Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

No Maximum of CoolSculpting Treatments

There is no maximum number of treatments on an area.  As long as there is enough fat in the area to fit into the applicator it can be treated.  You must wait at least 30 days after each treatment to re-treat the area.

Jeffrey Hartog, MD

Any danger or side effect to having more than 4 CoolSculpting treatments to the same area?

There is no danger or negative side effect to having multiple CoolSculpting treatments done to the same area.  My recommendation would be to wait at least two months between treatments though.  Each time the treatment is performed, it will destroy fat cells that were not destroyed in prior treatments, so multiple treatments will lead to greater fat reduction.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Coolsculpting

Coolsculpting is an excellent form of non-invasive  fat reduction for the right patient. Some applicators take 1 or 2 hours but the new advantage applicators take only 35 minutes and have significantly less risk for delayed onset pain (especially in the abdomen). Results are seen at 2 months and typically 1-3 treatments will be necessary on each area to achieve ideal results. The number of treatments depends on the amount of fat there and the patient's goals.  There is not downtime and the results can be impressive in the right patient.  We also use the Zimmer Z-wave for improved patient comfort and added results. The best candidates are those who are in pretty good shape with areas of stubborn fat that won't go away no matter what.

My best,

Sheila Nazarian, MD, MMM

Beverly Hills, Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Is there any danger or negative side effect to having more than four coolsculpting treatments to the same location?

Thank you for your question. There is no maximum. It takes about 9-12 weeks to see the results from each treatment. I would recommend spacing out your treatments (at least 30 days) so that you can track your progress. 
Regards, 

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Coolsculpting and Results versus Hi Definiton Liposuction

Multiple treatments to the same location are often used for optimal results. Cool sculpting improves the fat but 20% per treatment, and often requires multiple applicators to be used to get contouring and a few treatments. If you are unhappy with your results consider a vaser hi definition procedure which gives much more contouring and shaping. I suggest a formal consultation with an expert. Best, Dr. Emer.