Can you create upper pole fullness doing a breast lift without implants? (photos)

After several children, breastfeeding and an 80lb weight loss, my sad breasts need a lift. I had a consult recently for breast lift and was told despite all of this, I still have quite dense breasts and could do without implants. Is it possible to get the look I want of upper pole fullness without implants?

Mastopexy

It is only possible to provide long terms upper fullness following mastopexy with either an implant or fat transfer.  You need to consult with a PS who can show you the various results with all these techniques. 

Manchester Plastic Surgeon

Breast lifts can improve fullness

Fullness in the upper pole is dependent on overall breast tone and the size/volume of your breast. Reshaping and lifting your breast with a full breast lift will greatly improve your upper pole fullness. However, a breast lift can not produce a "pushed-up" or bulging upper pole by itself. Understand that there is a difference in how even the most youthful breast upper breast shape appears when unsupported and when pushed-up in a bra. A lift will give you a less mobile breast, better tone, improved proportions of the areolae and should be very worthwhile. 
Regards,
Dr. Mosher

Mathew C. Mosher, MD
Vancouver Plastic Surgeon

Upper pole fullness with no impalnt? try fat graft

Have your ps (who will be great at fat grafting I presume) place 100 cc of fat graft at the superior breast during the lift. It works great. No implant. Ta-da!

Lisa Cassileth, MD, FACS

Implant needed if upper pole fullness desired

Thank you for your question and photos. From what I can see, your breasts sit lower on the chest with significant overhang of tissue over the breast fold.  A breast lift can improve the shape and nipple position and can provide a temporary increase in upper pole fullness.  However,  long lasting upper pole fullness after a mastopexy has been elusive with most patients and surgeons disappointed in the long run.  If upper pole fullness is a significant goal for you, I would recommend implants combined with a breast lift/small reduction.  Best to have a few consultations with board certified plastic surgeons and make sure you share your goals with them.  Good luck.  

Can you create upper pole fullness doing a breast lift without implants?

One of the most challenging requests to satisfy is to create upper pole fullness that lasts.  Many patients can achieve upper pole fullness with a lift;  however, whether it will last or not is difficult to promise.  For many women who have lost weight and have heavy sagging breasts will have a difficult time at least to create an upper pole fullness.  The tissues that support the breast have not been able to support the breast and hence the sagging in the first place.  Use of an implant to create upper pole fullness may be an option for some with a combination of a lift or reduction.  An in person exam by an experience plastic surgeon is the best option to determine if ones tissue laxity plus implant will or will not deliver the result desired.  I would start with a face to face consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who has experience in breast surgery. During your visit your surgeon should be evaluating your health to determine if you are a good surgical candidate and examining your tissues to get a sense of what type of procedure your tissues will allow. Only with a hands on exam can this be determined. During the consult you and the surgeon should be understanding of the goals and realistic outcomes of your choices. Once an exam and opinion is rendered then you can decide if surgery is right for you. Good luck.

David J. Wages, MD
Peabody Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift with implant

Thank you for your question.  Long-lasting upper pole fullness can really only be accomplished with the addition of an implant.  A breast lift without implants will provide a nice, youthful teardrop shaped breast.  A breast lift with an implant will provide a more full, rounded shape to the breast.  It is critical to see and understand the difference so that you and your surgeon are on the same page and he/she can plan appropriately for the procedure giving you the outcome you desire.  Hope this helps!

Breast Lift

Hello, thanks for your pictures and for your inquiry. A breast lift will give you a very beautiful enhancement, it might give you the results you are looking for. Please make sure that you and your surgeon are on the same page. Don't forget to discuss all your concerns, options and expectations thoroughly. Have a safe and pleasant PS Journey!
Respectfully,
Dr. Jaime Campos-Leon

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Upper pole fullness with lift?

Congratulations on your weight loss!Breast lift without implants can be a great option when you have breast tissue to work with, and would like to have it uplifted and re-shaped. The lower breast tissue can be rearranged so that the breast looks uplifted and rounder. That tissue rearrangement is good at improving shape, and maybe even improving the "projection" of the central part of the breast, but unfortunately breast lift alone will not usually give you lasting upper pole fullness. In addition, your breast will look a bit smaller even if no tissue is actually removed. If upper pole fullness is a big priority for you, you may need to add an implant. It would be helpful to look at photos with your surgeon so that you understand what a breast lift alone can and cant do, and what the pros and cons of adding an implant might be.
Best wishes-

More Upper Pole Fullness to Some Degree

You can achieve more upper pole fullness than you currently have with a lift alone, but this does not mean that it will be enough to satisfy you. Firmer breasts mean more fullness, but see a plastic surgeon in person for an answer as to what to expect to make sure that your expectations are in line with the anticipated results.

George Sanders, MD

Upper breast fullness following a full uplift after pregnancy and weight loss.

A full breast lift will improve the contour of your breasts and enhance your upper pole fullness immediately.  With the passage of time however tissues relax and the effects of gravity cause a loss of some degree of this fullness the amount of which varies from person to person.  For that reason surgeons often discuss with their patients the option of placement of a small to modest sized breast implant to enhance projection and upper pole fullness though this is not for everyone.  Discuss this with your chosen ABPS board-certified plastic surgeon to consider the option for you.
Best wishes,Jon A Perlman M.D., FACS
Diplomate, American Board of Plastic Surgery
Member, American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS)
Beverly Hills, California

Jon A. Perlman, MD