Congestion after Septo/Rhinoplasty, is this normal?

Hi, I'm 4-months post op from a primary rhinoplasty and septoplasty. Since the operation I have been continuously congested and have a slightly runny nose. I just want to know if this is normal 4-months out? I haven't been able to enjoy any improvement to my breathing since I am constantly congested. Thank you!

Congestion and runny Nose after Septorhinoplasty

Dear rhinocerosgirl, At four months post surgery it is unusual to have constant congestion and complaints of a runny nose. I would speak with your surgeon regarding your concerns and have an intra-nasal examination to try and determine a proper diagnosis. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Nasal Congestion

Hi,Congestion and rhinorrhea (runny nose) after a septorhinoplasty is not uncommon. However to be having this problem 4 months out is quite unusual. Especially unusual if you didn't have nasal congestion or allergies before the operation. Typically this procedure will improve your nasal breathing and runny nose. I would consider having it examined and scoped to ensure nothing serious is going on. Hope this helps!--Dr. Hershcovitch

Meir Hershcovitch, MD
Calabasas Otolaryngologist