Could I change my face shape? (Photo)

so I have a naturally round face, but I would like more definition in my jaw, cheeks and chin. Could this face shape (pics b) be achieved through fillers or are facial implants necessary?

Facial Shaping with Fillers Versus Implants

Fillers can be used if injected properly and strategically.  It works very well for contouring of the cheeks, jawline, forehead and other areas to give more definition and structure. I suggest only seeing a facial contouring specialist.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Fillers for Facial Shaping

Fillers can be very powerful tools to enhance your beauty.  Too much is not good however so be cautious.  You would be best served by meeting with  a trusted doctor and getting an opinion based on a face-to-face examination.  Start slowly and conservatively to shape your face to your liking and avoid excess.

Once you prove that you like the result, consider changing to a longer term filler material such as radiesse or Sculptra.  I would start however with Juvederm or Restylane. 

Those who complain of a round face due to full cheeks can often benefit from buccal fat pad excision.  Reducing the cheek roundness tends to highlight the cheek prominences (bony) making your face appear as though you've both lost weight and made your cheekbones more prominent.  Just a thought but realize that I can't really judge from your photograph.

Enjoy!

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Changing facial shape?

A face can be changed in several different ways but I would need to see you in person to give you recommendations based on your anatomy. Otherwise I would just be guessing as to what procedures you would need to give the best results and not make you look abnormal.