How many CC do you recommend to achieve natural full breasts? (Photo)

I have always had a very flat chest with little breast tissue, I wear push up bras and double bras to get any cleavage. I have saved up enough for BA and am thinking for my frame 350-375 cc would look good to fill my chest cavity and give a nice cleavage. Ideally I would like to be a C cup, I would like a teardrop look however I hear the smooth round silicone feel softest and since I have small breast tissue maybe that would be the better option since I want to feel as natural as possible.

How many CC do you recommend to achieve natural full breasts?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

The size of your breast implant will be determined by a measurement of the base width of your breast which your surgeon will measure.  You appeared to be petite and may need a high profile implant to achieve a 350-375 cc  implant.  Please consult with an experienced  board-certified  plastic surgeon.

Implant size is a choice my patients must make

and its achieved with external sizing that has been found to be quite accurate in my experience.  And there is nothing natural about implants and more so when the native breast tissue is scant as it is with you.  Implant style is chosen with the guidance of your surgeon and whether your surgeon is a textured anatomic surgeon or smooth round gel surgeon as both surgeons can create very nice results, provided the implant size is not overwhelming.  So discuss with your surgeon and choose wisely.  When using external sizers, I add 10% to the volume in the bra to the implant size or you will be a little smaller than what you saw in the mirror with the sizers.

Curtis Wong, MD

I think round smooth silicone implants 350-370 would work out very nicely for you.

Fred Suess, MD (retired)

Breast implants right for you =)

Dear Sasha: Hello and thank you for your question! I want to start off by telling you what I tell many of my patients: Do not focus on cc's or bra sizes as many women see their friend with "x" number of cc implants etc and think that they have an idea of what they want. There is a lot that goes into implant selection -- your breast volume, the amount of cleavage you want to achieve, your base width, your rib shape/projection, etc. Also, when it comes to bra sizes, most women are not accurately sized for their bras. Please keep in mind that a breast implant is a round object and has a certain diameter. Your base width on each side of your chest will determine "how big of a ball" or what diameter implant you can reliably go up to with a socially acceptable cosmetic outcome. The implant will "augment" or increase the size of your breasts to an amount acceptable to you and your surgeon. There is no correlation between height and weight and base width; therefore you need an in person examination to be accurately measured.

The most important thing to consider is really the size and look that is appealing to YOU with the implants you choose. Many surgeons have sizing models whether using bras with implants or computer simulation. I encourage you to discuss with your surgeon many of these considerations when deciding which implant and size to use during your surgery. My patients will try on a sports bra and then we pick the implants based on their measured breast base width. For example, if your base width were to support for example up to a 400cc implant, I would have you try on the 400cc implants in the bra and then the 385cc or 350cc implants and afterwards select the implant that made YOU the happiest. In reality, don't stress too much as this is not a HUGE difference and should be the fun part of the process. Go with what is acceptable based on your measurements and makes you happiest, and make sure to weigh the pros and cons of the options you are considering. You can also compare the moderate profiles with high profile implants and see which  look you like
most. The profile of the implant will determine how much upper pole fullness and overall projection you portray. If you were my patient, I would have you try on implants of both styles and see what shape and size made you the happiest.

Make sure to seek consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon with expertise in aesthetic breast surgery. If you are uncertain about the advice given to you by the surgeon whom you met with recently, I recommend you seek second opinions with further consultations to help you in making a final decision. I hope this helps answer your questions and I wish the best of luck to you!

Sincerely,

Dr. Sean Kelishadi

Sean Kelishadi, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

After 3+ decades of performing breast augmentation procedures I have concluded that in my hands the best way to determine implant size is at the time of surgery when test implants "sizers" can be placed and the actual results seen.  Each patient has different distensibility of their tissues and imo best results are obtained when the size and contour achieved with different volumes can be actually visualized.  In your case, and based solely on the photos I would be considering implants in a size range of 280ccs to 350 ccs (you did not state your ht wt chest circumference #s).    Remember that too large an implant for your skin "envelope" will lead to excessive roundness and a less natural look.

Regards,

Jon A Perlman MD FACS 

Certified, American Board of Plastic Surgery 

Extreme Makeover Surgeon ABC TV

Best of Los Angeles Award 2015, 2016 

Beverly Hills, Ca

Jon A. Perlman, MD

How many CC do you recommend to achieve natural full breasts

You start with the anatomy that should result in a very nice cosmetic result from a breast augmentation. The interpretation of "natural looking" varies greatly from patient to patient and from surgeon to surgeon.

The best cosmetic result in any particular breast augmentation patient depends on a variety of factors, including: your individual anatomy, realistic expectations, a thorough discussion with the plastic surgeon about the options, and an understanding of the pros and cons of any particular implant choice. Proper sizing is not just about the number of cc’s. The thickness of your tissue, breast dimensions which include the width, height, and projection, as well as chest wall width all need to be considered when choosing an implant. Trying on implant “sizers” of various shapes and volumes while wearing a tight t-shirt, bra, or bathing sit at a preoperative visit will help you and your surgeon choose the optimal implant.

There are no manufacturers' standards for cup sizing in the bra industry. The cups of a 32 C and a 38 C are significantly different. Cup size varies from manufacturer to manufacturer and even within styles from any particular manufacturer.

Keep in mind that following the advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you exactly what to do without examining you, physically feeling the tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history, and discussing the pros and cons of each operative procedure would not be in your best interest. I would suggest you find a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person. 

Robert Singer, MD FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation: Information

Dear Ms. Sashadior, 

Thank you for your photos, story and model photos.

You and your Plastic Surgeon have several choices to make based on your anatomy and desires:

1) size 2) filler material (normal saline or silicone gel 3) profile of the implant 4) shaped or round implant 5) access incision 6) placement above or below the muscle.

Based soley on your photos and NOT being abel to examine you a 300 -350 cc round silicone gel implant placed under your muscle through a inframammary (breast  crease incision) may reach your goals.

I strongly recommend you make several consultations with Bd. Cert. Plastic Surgeons who are ideally members of the Am Soc. for Aesthestic Plastic Surgery (denoting by membership experience and a focus on Cosmetic Plastic Surgery).

My best,

Robert A. Hardesty, MD, FACS

Best implant

Thank you for your question and I would go on complimentary consults with experts in your area, be examined and measured, put implants in a bra till you see the volume on your chest that you like, look at photos of similar patients and find your surgeon

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

Breast augmentation

Hello and thank you for your question. You are a great candidate for a breast augmentation.  The size, profile, and shape of the implant is based on your desired breast size/shape, your chest wall measurements, and soft tissue quality.  This decision should be based on a detailed discussion with equal input from both you and your surgeon.  This entire surgery can be performed with a small incision technique.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.   The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Recommendation for breast size?

It is very difficult to determine the best lift you will need (recommended based on your photos) or the exact size and shape implant you will require to best match your ideal breast image without an examination by a board certified plastic surgeon. Not just any board certified plastic surgeon, but one with many years of frequently performing breast augmentation surgery including different approaches, techniques and implant choices. This is because several measurements not to mention your breast characteristics are needed to determine the optimal implant size to obtain your goals. Without knowing these dimensions it would be difficult to make this determination. For example, the existing base width of your breast will determine, in many cases, the maximal volume per implant profile that you can accommodate. To illustrate; a 100 cc difference may make a significant difference with a narrow base width breast, but much less of a difference if you have a wide chest wall and wide breast “foot print”. Therefore, just because your friend may have a great result with let’s say a 300 cc implant to make her go from a “A” cup to a “C” cup size does not mean that you will have the same result with the same size implant. The same process goes for just filling in the upper part of your breast without becoming much larger. Further simply placing implants in a bra to determine the size best for you is not always accurate as the bra often distorts the size, is dependent on the pressure the bra places plus the implant is outside your breast and not under it among other variables. Computer software morphing programs that automatically determine the best implant size can be helpful in some but not all cases (e.g. doesn’t work well in my experience with existing implants, sagging or asymmetric breasts). Using “want to be” photos however are useful if simply provided to the surgeon as I will further explain in the link below including silicone vs saline implants