Can I achieve my desired look with Liposuction? (photos)

I'm a 30 year old mother of 3, petite with fat predominantly in my mid section from pregnancies. I have a desired look picture of myself which I edited(only thing altered in that pic was my waist/flank area) and would like to know if it's realistically possible to attain that look via lipo. If so, what kind/technique would be required? Eg. Vaser lipo, etc. Thanks in advance!

Liposuction to achieve an hourglass figure

You appear to be a very good candidate for liposuction of your waist and hip rolls. The degree of improvement will depend upon how much fat is contained in the treated areas and what your natural muscle and bony body contour contains. In a face-to-face examination your plastic surgeon can point out to you how thick your layer of subcutaneous fat is that can be removed and how much loose skin may or may not be present. Overall I would expect you to have a very satisfying result from the procedure.

Jon A Perlman M.D., FACS
Diplomate, American Board of Plastic Surgery
Member, American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS)
Beverly Hills, California

Liposuction: Information

Dear Ms. Dreamingofchange,

Thank you for your story, questions and photos.

Nothing substitutes for a personal evaluation and a face to face discussion of your options. Unfortunately without a examination I can advise you in general terms, however I hope you will find them helpful.

The ideal candidate is:
1) weight: one who has achieved their ideal weight and optimally under a BMI of 25 or preferably their goal weight and a BMI under 30.
2) diet resistant fat accumulations: prominent areas of fat that do not improve with weight loss
3)skin quality: skin that still has good elastic quality to be able to conform to the area where the fat is removed (ability to shrink).

In addition to liposculpting many of us have added non surgical methods to help "shrink the skin" after liposculpture using Radio Frequency(RF)devices. Two such devices include:
a) Vellashape III
b) Thermi tight

Lastly based on solely on your photos you appear to be a excellent candidate for liposculpture.

Please make a appointment with a experienced Plastic Surgeon who is Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (denoting by membership as having met additional criteria and a focus on Cosmetic Plastic Surgery).

My best wishes,I wish you my best and success,

R. A. Hardesty, MD, FACS
Diplomate and Certified by the Am. Bd. of Plastic Surgery
wwwimagineplasticsurgery.com
4646 Brockton Ave
Riverside, Ca 92506
(951) 686-7600

Liposuction result

Yes, you would get a good result with liposuction because it appears as if your overall body tone and turger and skin will retract nicely to liposuction.  You are the ideal patient.

Can I achieve my desired look with Liposuction?

You should be able to achieve that look or possibly better shape.  This is entirely dependent upon your selection of surgeon.

Beverly Hills, CA

Liposuction

Thank you for the question and photo and based on the photo without an examination you appear to be an excellent candidate for the desired procedure.  So go in some complimentary consultations with experts in your area

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. This is the surgical procedure that revolutionized cosmetic surgery becoming one of the most performed cosmetic procedures. Subcutaneous tissue or fat is removed in order to contour the body in a way that is harmonious and pleasing to the senses. It can be performed in almost all regions of the body such as the neck, chin, abdomen, back, buttocks, thighs, arms and ankles. Usually done through a small incision in the skin through which a cannula connected to a vacuum is applied, it can be performed alone or in combination with other procedures. After liposuction your body is going to be really swollen for at least 2 to 4 months after your surgery. It is important for you to wear your compression garment for at least 6 months, the first 3 months 24/7 and then the last 3 months at least 12 hours per day for your body get use to not having the faja for so many time. When you remove it, your body can get swollen and also you can have pain. Remember to also compress your body to prevent a seroma which is an accumulation of liquid that has to be drained, it is hard to touch and also really painful. Bruises are completely normal for almost 3 months from surgery, that’s why is better for you to use a bruising cream and apply it all over your body 3 times a day. To prevent bad circulation and swollen legs, use compression socks. Brazilian butt lift can be performed with the same procedure and for a month it will be swollen and it will drop a little bit without losing it’s shape if you use your garment.. If you’re going to perform liposuction on your inner, outer, anterior, lateral, postetior thighs, be careful and consult with your surgeon what’s best for you, sometimes we have more extra skin than fat, that can cause severe sagginess on our legs, which can be only be reversed performing a thigh lift.

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Liposuction

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you are a great candidate for a back and flanks.  This can give you a contoured and nice look. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. With good surgical technique, you could have an outstanding result. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Liposuction - will it work for me.

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.

• You look like an excellent candidate for liposuction and you should have a nice result.
  • Don't worry about choosing a technique - a plastic surgeon experienced with liposuction can get good results with any machine - let your surgeon choose what works best for her/him.
  • You should concentrate on finding a plastic surgeon whom you feel you can trust.
  • Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

The changes in your photo look pretty reasonable and you should be able to get a look approximating that. Understand that there are limitations to surgical procedures that don't exist in the photoshop program and those limitations will be determined at an examination.  I'm sure you will find surgeons that favor one specific type of liposuction over another but in truth the result comes totally from the surgeon's skill and experience and the actual device has little to do with it.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Liposuction

You will get the best answer to your question by scheduling an in person consultation with a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and discuss your unique situation and concerns. The surgeon would meet with you, examine you, physically feeling the tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history, and discussing the pros and cons of each operative procedure in person and what to realistically expect. Then you can make an informed decision on which procedure(s) to start with according to your desires, recovery time necessary, your history and current health. From your photo, it looks like you are a great candidate for liposuction but no way to tell but with an in office visit to measure the fat and skin elasticity. Liposuction works best on areas where the person is close to their stable weight and in younger patients usually the skin elasticity makes for good results.

Be careful when choosing a Surgeon it is most important is to pick a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon - Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. It can be hard and confusing for consumers when a physician may tell you they are Board Certified. Make sure it is Board Certified in Plastic Surgery as many Physicians are certified but it is in another area such as Dermatology, Gynecology, ENT, or some other specialty that does not have the years of training and often no surgery training . Find a Surgeon Board Certified in Plastic Surgeon.

Rather than finding a non-certified surgeon that may give you better pricing it can be helpful to find a newer Board Certified Plastic Surgeon that has years of experience in training and surgery-required to become Board Certified in Plastic Surgery but is newer in practice. They have the latest up to date training and highest standards as currently set by the newest technology and are often able to pass on to the consumer much better pricing. The newer Certified Plastic Surgeons give special pricing which most will pass on to you, the consumer. Check for special pricing here on RealSelf and free consultations and make sure the surgeon is a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon and you may find the perfect Plastic Surgeon for you who is able to work with your budget without cutting corners!.