Is AcceleDent used on its own, or with braces/Invisalign etc?

I'm curious about getting some braces, but I'm wanting it to be a quick and easy process. I heard of Acceledent and I'm wondering how it works. Thank you!

Let's Talk Teeth

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Dear katiekitten094,

Thank you for posting on RealSelf.  I will do my best to answer your question with the information provided.

Acceledent is an FDA approved device that a patient uses with braces in the mouth for 20 minutes per day to stimulate orthodontic tooth movement.  It was originally used in orthopedics to help bone heal quickly.  It was applied orally to stimulate a biological response in the bone.  I have been using Acceledent for quite some time for patients with braces and Invisalign, and they are very happy with their results.  To answer your question, it does decrease treatment time and is very easy to use.  The kit includes the activator, the mouthpiece and a travel case

I hope that this helps and best of luck in obtaining a treatment that achieves your goals.

Dr. Jenn