48 year old wanting to get rid of the excess skin on tummy (Photo)

I am a 48 year old mom with 3 pregnancies. I have loose skin on my belly and lots of stretch marks. I am active and go to gym regularly. I am 5 ft 3.5 " till and 123lb. Would you advise Timmy tuck for me ? I am a bit concerned about the huge scar that I will be left with. I am enclosing my photograph.

Tummy Tuck

Thank you for your question and photo. Yes you appear to be an excellent candidate for a tummy tuck.  It is really the only way to remove all the excels skin and stretch marks on your abdomen.  Seek in person consultation with board certified plastic surgeons in your area for more information.  Best of luck to you

Tummy Tuck

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Tummy Tuck

Congratulations on taking such good care of yourself! I understand how frustrating it must be to carry your children and work hard to get your body back but still have the loose skin and stretchmarks. You would be a great candidate for tummy tuck. It would help pull down that loose skin, streamline your waist, and make your belly button cute again. While I would have to examine you in person, you appear to have pretty good abdominal wall muscles. Many times after pregnancy, the muscles that make up your abs get stretched out and these can be tightened during surgery. I do have to tell you that you probably will still have stretchmarks after surgery - and they may be more prominent. This is because the pattern of your stretchmarks go well above your belly button and stretching the skin will make the marks wider. However, there will be fewer of them! The scar is hidden in your panties - I generally ask my patients to get a tan in their favorite cut of bikini bottom or panty so that I can ensure the scar stays within! Make sure you seek out a board certified plastic surgeon during consultation. I hope this helps! -Dr. Mills.

Dan Mills, MD

Tummy Tuck

Dan Mills, MD

Tummy tuck and scarring

Thanks for the question and photos. Yes, a tummy tuck is your best option as there is no other highly satisfying solution for loose, stretch-marked skin in the lower abdomen after pregnancies. Tummy tucks remove the excess skin and fat between the belly button and the pubic area from hip to hip and result in a substantial improvement in the appearance of the abdomen: slimmer, more taut, more shapely and with a better waist. Sometimes it is combined with liposuction of the flanks for even better shaping. The scar usually blends and fades significantly in time, depending on patient genetics, surgical technique, scar management products, and a little luck. There is no guarantee that the scar will completely fade (in most patients a faint scar remains but it is pretty hard to see and usually concealable in swimwear and undergarments) but most patients are so happy with the shaping and improvement in the skin that the scar is not a major concern.

Tummy tuck and scarring

Common Fear

Thank you for reaching out and sharing your photo. The scar is most definitely a very common fear for tummy tuck patients. Be sure to visit experienced board certified surgeons, they will be able to get your incision below your bikini line and over time that scar will fade. From looking at your photo, you seem to be a great candidate that will receive a stellar result!! Best of luck! Dr. Kachenmeister

Common Fear

Am I a good candidate for a tummy tuck?

It appears that you are an excellent candidate for a TT. I just did a TT on a patient similar to you today. I have the patient wear their smallest underwear/bikini and put the scar within it so it rarely shows. It really usually does transform your body and all women that have had children deserve it to regain what they have lost!!

Am I a good candidate for a tummy tuck?

Tummy Tuck

Thank you for sending in your photo! Ideally, if we could have a consultation where I can examine the skin quality and looseness, I could give you more accurate suggestions and expectations. However, having the loose skin does make you a great candidate for a tummy tuck. Although you have a fairly flat stomach, the tummy tuck includes liposuction to the abdomen and flanks, which will enhance your flat stomach even further. The tummy tuck incision in placed underneath your panty line, which will help keep it hidden. Although you will have a scar, it will fade over time and I also give my patients a scar cream to help with minimizing it's appearance.

Tummy Tuck

Tummy tuck

You are an excellent candidate for a tummy tuck.  Yes, there is a long scar and only you can determine whether the scar is worth having a flat tummy.  I think most women would find the scar a worthwhile trade off.

Tummy tuck

Best procedure

Thank you for the photo but nothing replaces an in person exam so go on some complimentary consultations and be evaluated.  That said there are scarless techniques today, like Body Tite with RFAL that may help you avoid the traditional TT scar

Dr Corbin

Best procedure

Dr Corbin

Tummy tuck, Lipo and BBL

Hi, thanks for sharing your concern and photos with us!

First I want to congratulate you for making this important decision. Deciding to get an aesthetic procedure to change your body and get a new life style is a big step!

Looking at your photos I might say that you´ll be a great candidate to get an entire back, waist and flanks liposuction, with BBL, and tummy tuck, this is because all the extra skin located in this areas plus your abdominal muscle needs to be repaired. Before all this, of course, you need to get a complete medical evaluation and laboratory exams to check everything is fine. For us your safety, always, is going to be first.

Have a great day!

Dr. JPG

Tummy tuck, Lipo and BBL

Have a great day!

Dr. JPG

48 year old wanting to get rid of the excess skin on tummy

Hi and thanks for your questions. You appear to be a great candidate for a tummy tuck which will remove the excess, loose skin and many of the stretch marks. You will also achieve a flat tummy and improved belly button. The tummy tuck scar is quite low and hidden by clothing; it fades with time into a faint scar in most patients. Visit a board certified plastic surgeon who is experienced in body contouring surgery for a personal consultation and recommendations. That's my best advice after decades performing aesthetic plastic surgery. Please see the web reference below to see examples of people we have treated with your problems. Best of luck!

Richard Chaffoo,MD,FACS,FICS

Triple Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Richard Chaffoo,MD,FACS,FICS

Triple Board Certified Plastic Surgeon