Am I a good candidate for liposuction? I'm 32, 5'5", 145-150 lbs. I eat 1200-1500 calories and work out 5+ days a week. (Photo)

Hello. I am 32 5'5" and weigh 145-150 depending on the day. I was 160 and have been maintaining this weight for close to 2 years. I eat between 1200 and 1500 calories and work out at least 5 days a week. No matter what I do I cannot get the fat off my stomach or thighs. I also have fat deposits under my chin that seem to be genetic (father and sister also have it). What are your suggestions?

Liposuction Candidates

Thank you for your question. From looking at the photo and reading about your workout schedule, I think you would be a great candidate for Liposuction. Liposuction really helps remove the areas of fat where exercise really doesn't get rid of. Also, for the fat deposits under the chin you could try Kybella. Kybella is an injection that is injected (under the chin) and dissolves the fat. This is a more noninvasive option. Best of luck!

Dhaval M. Patel 
Double board certified
Plastic surgeon
Hoffman Estates 

Hoffman Estates Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction Improves Shape and Body Contour

Your Body Mass Index (BMI) is 25. The higher your BMI, the more fatty tissue is typically being held in the body. Since your BMI is normal, you are not considered overweight by traditional measures. In my practice, a person in this situation is an ideal candidate for liposuction. I do not consider liposuction to be a technique for weight reduction—it is a technique to improve contours. If a person is of normal weight and has certain areas that are not responding to diet and exercise, these areas can be treated to give a better overall shape and contour.

James Green, MD
Santa Fe Plastic Surgeon

From the photo you posted and your lifestyle, you seem to be a good candidate for liposuction.  Liposuction works best for the person who is active and healthy but has a problem area that won't go away with exercise and diet.  Sometimes we need a little help! Go see a board certified plastic surgeon for an exam and to determine the best options for you. Details of the procedure, risks, benefits and recovery will be explained to you and go from there.  ac

Angela Champion, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Example of a good candidate for liposuction.

Picture demonstrates an individual who is fit with skin that is in good condition. From the photographs alone it looks as though you are a good candidate for liposuction.

Being fit and trim makes for a great liposuction candidate

Your photo and your fitness strongly suggest you are an excellent liposuction candidate -
which is ideal for someone like you, who wants to change proportions in areas that hold excess fat.

Before having neck liposuction however, have your thyroid function checked. 
I have seen several women like you who are fit and trim and have heavy necks - who proved to also have low thyroid. The fat here - not elsewhere - absorbed with thyroid treatment. Best wishes.

It looks like you are a  good candidate for liposuction.  Best to be seen in person to be properly evaluated. Best of luck.

Liposuction Candidate

You appear to be a great candidate for liposuction and body contouring, especially since you are already in great shape and have only a small amount of disproportion on your arms, neck, and abdomen.  It is hard to see if you have skin laxity or wrinkling of your stomach, that would determine if you needed a surgery (tummy tuck) or if you would get a good result with liposuction alone.  I suggest going to someone who is an expert in body contouring, especially with fit individuals, who can address your entires body disproportion and uneven shape and size.  I will be starting practice in Beverly Hills at Spalding Drive Plastic Surgery on 8/18 and we specialize there in liposuction and body contouring.  Contact us for a consultation, we would love to see you.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Am I a good candidate for liposuction? I'm 32, 5'5", 145-150 lbs. I eat 1200-1500 calories and work out 5+ days a week

Hi, thanks for your question.

First I congratulate you on your diet and exercise habits. Although you have good figure, you have fat deposits in the middle of your abdomen and flanks, unfortunately these fat deposits in women are sometimes very difficult to remove so a liposuction is necessary. So I see you're a good candidate for liposuction with very nice results.

Dr. Marte.

Manuel Marte, MD

Liposuction to remove stubborn fat deposits

Dear yogagirlcanada,

Thank you for the question and the photo. You seem to be healthy and fit and since you can't lose those fat deposits from your thighs and stomach by diet and exercise liposuction can be ideal for you because it is not a weight loss procedure but more a body sculpting procedure to make you more proportionate. 
Liposuction can also remove the fat under the chin. This usually takes fifteen minutes under a local anesthetic and it leaves no scar. 

Best of luck...

Dr. Khuthaila 

Dana Khuthaila, MD, FACS

Though a full examination is really needed, from the photosubmitted, you do appear to be a good candidate for liposuction.

Dr. Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD