I Have Not Seen Anything Online About Coolsculpting the Hip/thigh Area. Is There Any Information on That?

Coolsculpting for thighs

Coolsculpting has been approved by the FDA for both inner and outer thighs. For an appropriate candidate, the results can be impressive.

CoolFit and CoolSmooth Adaptor

CoolSculpting has been a great technique to reduce the fat on the abdomen and flanks.  Now there are two adaptors which have been designed to improve the areas on both the inner and outer things.  For the best results please find a board certified dermatologist with a great deal of experience with CoolSculpting.

CoolSculpting for Hip & Thigh Area

CoolSculpting® has been FDA cleared for abdomen and flank fat reduction, but other areas can be treated as well. The reason that you don't see much about treating the hip and thigh area is that the machine will not accommodate those areas as easily. The machine has a vacuum that draws in the skin so that the skin can be cooled. If the skin can't be easily drawn into the machine by the vacuum, then the treatment will not work. The skin in the hip and thigh area tends not to be easily drawn into the machine. Also, the shape of the handpiece may not accommodate that area as well. The company is developing handpieces that will allow more areas to be treated, and they should be available in the not-too-distant future.

CoolSculpting the hip and thigh area, does it work?

CoolSculpting has been FDA approved for both the abdomen and hips.  Other areas that are treated are considered to be off label. I have found significant improvements in the arm, back, gynecomastia, abdomen, hip, and inner thigh regions. It's very important you get evaluated by a physician in your area that can access whether or not you are a good candidate. I personally have had great success with this technology in my clinic. 

Jennifer L. Harrington MD

Fat Reduction of the Hip/Thigh Area Using CoolSculpting

CoolSculpting is only cleared by the FDA for treatment of abdomen and flanks.  Treatments are being done for other areas, but you won't see company marketing on those.  Physicians have demonstrated significant improvements in patients who wanted treatment of the bra line / back, inner thighs.  Some are treating upper arms, but little has been published about the outer buttock or outer thigh / saddlebags. 

Sutton Graham II, MD
Greenville Plastic Surgeon

CoolSculpting on Hips and Thighs

CoolSculpting by Zeltiq is FDA cleared for the abdomen and flanks.  Many physicians feel that it is safe and effective to treat the hips and thighs on appropriate candidates.  The tissue must be able to pull into the applicator to receive a good freezing treatment.  In my Raleigh NC practice we treat the top of the hips in the waist area and the upper part of the inner thighs. 

Top providers may have special pricing and discounts not available to all practices.  As the top provider of CoolSculpting in my region, my patients receive free CoolSculpting treatments through Instant Rebates.  Patients are able to receive a free CoolSculpting session with each CoolSculpting session purchased.

Michael Law, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon