What should I do about my hormonal imbalance? I am a 20 year old male.

I have gynocomastia and premature ejeculation. I have had it since I was 15. What are my best options to treat my hormonal imbalance. I believe I have to much estrogen. Will it come back if treated? Will I have to take meds for the rest of my life?

#Gynecomastia is a surgical entity and should be treated with direct excision if it persists beyond a few months. The hormonal work up is necessary in your age group but it is very common to have enlargement as a young adult. Seek a plastic surgeon with specialty training in gynecomastia surgery and great results.

Beverly Hills General Surgeon

Gynecomastia

Hormonal imbalance is a medical diagnosis that is data driven. If you have a hormonal imbalance it should be diagnosed by an endocrinologists and a treatment plan established. Gynecomastia requires surgical correction but based on your note a visit with an endocrinologist might be the appropriate place to start.

About Gynecomastia and the Treatment Options

According to official statistics, 36% of adult young men and 57% of older #adult men in the United States have this medical condition in one of the four grades. About 200,000 to 3 million cases of #gynecomastia are being reported every single year. So if you have #breast #enlargement and you feel you're an exception, please understand that 1 in 3 young adult #men and 1 in 2 older adult men are just like you and have breast enlargement.  Several common factors can cause gynecomastia including excessive levels of #estrogen, natural #hormone changes, use of recreational drugs or alcohol, medications and their associated side effects, and, various health conditions. Also, there are different types of #gynecomastia. There are three types of surgical #treatment #options available that treat gynecomastia. Your board-certified plastic surgeon will recommend the type best suited for you. The most important decision to be made before performing any surgical procedure is determining whether you are an ideal #candidate.