I'm not happy with the shape of my lips. What's my best option? (Photo)

Hi My lips shaped weird from birth is there any way to fix it and what is the best ways or the safe options, do they hurt or possible fail? Do I need a surgery? What is the cost? And where should I go to fix it? Please answer

Lip Augmentation Options

Lip Augmentation is a great way to enhance or correct your own lip
shape while keeping a natural appearance. This can be achieved through filler injections without any need for surgery. The most preferred filler for the lips is Juvederm Ultra, which is a
hyaluronic acid (a water binder found naturally in the body). Juvederm
Ultra lasts anywhere from 6 to 12 months. The most common side effects for Lip Augmentations are bruising and mild swelling.
We recommend avoiding blood thinners
(aspirin, ibuprofen, alcohol, fish oil etc.) for at least seven days before the
procedure to help minimize your change of bruising. If pain is a concern, a topical
numbing cream can be administered prior to injection to help manage any discomfort. Prices for Lip Augmentation vary between offices but a typical range can be anywhere from $400-$800 depending how much filler needs to be used. It is always recommended to do your research on providers in your area specializing in this treatment to make sure your in the best hands possible.

Shape of Lips

While I could not clearly see the issue that concerns you in the photograph you submitted, in my experience it is possible to consistently gain better symmetry and overall shape of lips with injection of lip fillers. While these are temporary (lasting about 6 months) they are quick, simple and have minimal pain or down time.

Ralph Massey, MD
Santa Monica Dermatologist

I'm not happy with the shape of my lips. What's my best option?

Thank you for your question.  Unfortunately your photograph is a bit out of focus to be able to give you the best advice, but subtle volume and shape asymmetries can be corrected with the  use of dermal fillers, and can be adjusted to meet your desired goals/outcome.  Performed quickly and with minimal pain in a surgeon's office, be sure to see an ASPS board certified member in consultation.  Hope this helps.

Lip augmentation with fillers can offer excellent results.

If you’re unhappy with the shape of your lips, you might want to consider trying injectable lip fillers. These work by mimicking the collagen that’s naturally present in your skin to fill in targeted areas, which can result in a more balanced and symmetrical shape. Keep in mind, though, that your results will be temporary, but these injections typically take less than 20 minutes to perform. Additionally, most people enjoy their results for 6 months to a year before requiring a touchup.