Will I ever get the sensation in my nipples after breast reduction surgery?

I had breast reduction surgery a month ago, everything is going fine except for the open wound that I'm currently treating daily. However, I can't feel my nipples at all, they are numb. there is sufficient blood supply as when I touch my nipples they harden, but there is no feeling whatsoever. Will I ever get the sensation back?

It is common  to experience numbness in the area of your nipples a few weeks after your surgery. Sensation would normally be decreased but it could be improved by over time but may take months.

London Plastic Surgeon

First of all, it is still very early in your healing process. Everyone heals differently and each breasts can even heal differently. It is possible for #breast reduction surgery to result in #nipple numbness or other changes in nipple sensation. Generally, this change in #sensation is temporary and will go away anywhere between six weeks to six months after #surgery. It is also possible to experience increased sensation during this time period, which can be treated by massage. Permanent partial or complete loss of sensation following breast reduction can occur in some instances. This would occur if your nipple must be detached during surgery. This technique is only rarely required, otherwise partial or complete loss of nipple sensation is much less common. If the numbness continues or you have more concerns, it is always best to consult your surgeon.