When should I resume proper smoking after an FUT hair transplant?

I'v been a regular smoker. But I had an fut hair transplant 2 and a half months ago. As my doctor instructed I stopped smoking before my surgery. He told me not to smoke at least for 15 days after surgery. And then I could resume smoking but not exceeding 2 cigarettes a day. But I didn't smoke for 25 days after surgery.And then reduced smoking by 2 cigarettes a day. Now its been 2 and a half months since my surgery. So I want to ask that when should I resume proper smoking (15 to 16 cigs a day).

Patient asks forum of doctors when he should start resume "proper" smoking after surgery.

Dear sameerk123,

Smoking is not healthy, and is a known carcinogen. You should never resume smoking, and remain smoke-free for the rest of your life. You very well may live a longer life, and enjoy more days and sunsets with your family and friends.

I hope this information is helpful to you.

Kind Regards,
Ken Anderson, MD

Atlanta Hair Restoration Surgeon

It seems you followed your doctor's advice and even managed to quit smoking for a long period of time. Keep it up.

It seems you followed your doctor's advice and even managed to quit smoking for a long period of time. Keep it up.  I believe all the doctors would generally say smoking is bad.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Smoking after a hair transplant

Your doctor gave your reasonable advice, but sometimes doctor what to push a non-smoking agenda as I do with a good pep talk

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Smoking After Hair Transplant #hairtransplantinseattle

• Congratulations on your hair transplant!
  • We don't perform hair transplants for patients who are currently smoking, and it's wonderful that you were able to quit prior to yours.
  • I would recommend that you never smoke again!

Smoking after hair transplantation

I would strongly urge you not to resume smoking.  Smoking is only going to cause hair loss.  However,  if you chose to resume smoking,  wait for 4 months after the surgery. 

Omeed Memar, MD, PhD
Chicago Dermatologic Surgeon