Masseter enlargement - surgery or Botox?
Thank you for asking about your masseter muscle.
- Botox injections will work better than surgery.
- Botox will visibly shrink the muscle -
- And can get adjusted to what you need.
- Because it is a large muscle, large amounts of Botox may be needed and it may only last 6 weeks at first.
- Stick with it - results are good and risks are low.
Always see a Board
Certified Plastic Surgeon.
- Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS
Botox for Masseter Hypertrophy
Botox is a great treatment that I often perform for masseter hypertrophy. I would consult an expert for these injections. Best, Dr. Green
Botox would be a much safer option than surgery for reducing the jaw width in cases of massetter hypertrophy or enlargement. I use Botox for jaw reduction in my practice and his has never failed to produce a significant improvement to the jaw contour.
I hope this is helpful.