I suffer from swollen in masseter muscle, it effect in my face , do you prefer to eradicate or Botox injections ?

Masseter enlargement - surgery or Botox?

Thank you for asking about your masseter muscle.
  • Botox injections will work better than surgery.
  • Botox will visibly shrink the muscle -
  • And can get adjusted to what you need.
  • Because it is a large muscle, large amounts of Botox may be needed and it may only last 6 weeks at first.
  • Stick with it - results are good and risks are low.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Botox for Masseter Hypertrophy

Botox is a great treatment that I often perform for masseter hypertrophy.  I would consult an expert for these injections.  Best, Dr. Green

Botox jaw reduction

Botox would be a much safer option than surgery for reducing the jaw width in cases of massetter  hypertrophy or enlargement.  I use Botox for jaw reduction in my practice and his has never failed to produce a significant improvement to the jaw contour.

I hope this is helpful.