My case what is the best options; Tummy tuck or Liposuction or both? (photos)

What is best option in my case tummy tuck or liposcation or both ; i lost 50 kg now iam 116 kg hight 183 cm my age 32 man !

Tummy Tuck

First of all I want to say congratulations on losing the 50 Kg. That is a very difficult and respectable thing to do.  You’ve taken a step that will not only enhance your appearance but also your health and life as well.  You have the classic abdomen of someone who has been overweight for a while and has lost a significant amount of weight.  That rapid decrease in fat around your abdomen leaves your skin lose and hanging as yours has become.  Liposuction alone will not remove that extra skin and can actually make the appearance of your abdomen be worse by creating a lot of wrinkling, more lose skin and contour irregularities.  Based on your photographs you appear to be a better candidate for a tummy tuck procedure so that all of that extra skin can be removed, your abdomen tightened and perhaps in combination with some liposuction along your love handles. Good luck.

Tummy tuck or liposuction

In situations where a lot of weight has been lost, skin reduction is going to be preferred to liposuction in almost all cases.  This is because the skin will not shrink well after it has been stretched prior to the weight being lost.  Some liposuction may be added to select areas, but the main procedure for you would be a tummy tuck.  If your weight has not yet stabilized, you may wish to wait until it has done so prior to undergoing surgery.  

Thomas A. Pane, MD
Palm Beach Plastic Surgeon

Post weight loss procedures.

Thank you for your pictures and questions. I would like to commend you on your weight loss. 

Abdominoplasty, known more commonly as a “tummy tuck,” is a major surgical procedure to remove excess skin and fat from the middle and lower abdomen and to tighten the muscles of the abdominal wall. The procedure can dramatically reduce the appearance of a protruding abdomen. 

Liposuction does permanently remove fat cells, however, it does not address the issue of excess skin.

There are many cases where liposuction is combined with a tummy tuck procedure. If a tummy tuck can help, how it’s performed, and what results you can expect depend on the individual patient and can best be determined through a consultation. Be sure to consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

Best of luck to you!

Body Contouring Procedures For Massive Weight Loss Patients

Congratulations on your 50kg weight loss.  I know how hard that is to achieve, and I also know that the effect of such a weight loss can be life changing.  You are about 6 feet tall and now weigh about 255 lbs. Your BMI is now 34.6, which technically still places you in the category of "obese".  In our own practice, in order to minimize the risks, and optimize the result of any surgery you might undergo, we would like you to further reduce your weight to less than 100kg prior to any surgical procedure.  So, you still have some distance to travel to arrive at your optimal weight range, which ideally would be under 200lbs, perhaps in the range of 180-200lbs.

When you are ready for surgery, you will need a lower body lift (circumferential abdominal incision carried around the back), or perhaps a fleur de lis pattern abdominoplasty, which has a central vertical component (like an upside down "T"), so that skin can be removed in the horizontal as well as the vertical direction. Depending on how much weight you lose prior to surgery, it may be appropriate perform a two stage procedure to address your torso, with an aggressive liposuction performed first, followed by one of the aforementioned excisional surgeries three months later.  Because of the excess of skin and soft tissue in your breasts, an open gynecomastia correction utilizing an anchor pattern of incisions will be necessary.  This could be performed at the same time as the first stage liposuction.

Peter Lee, MD, FACS