Considering Voluma but nervous.

I have used Juvederm XC for a couple years on my lips 7smile lines. I have never had a reaction. I really want to try Voluma for my cheeks as due to weight loss. I keep seeing reactions of severe rashes, acne etc from Voluma in people who have never had a reaction to Juverderm XC.Is there that much of a difference in product to cause this? I would greatly appreciate advice before I go in Wednesday. I am 48 and needing some Fullness back in my face.Thank you!

Voluma & Juvederm XC

If you didn't react to the Juvadern XC then I feel confident that you won't have any adverse reaction to the Voluma. 

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Juvederm XC and Voluma

Juvederm XC and Voluma are both hyaluronic acid fillers and similar in consistency.  Their side effects are similar as well.  Always seek treatment from a qualified professional.  Good luck!

Jennifer Trent, MD, FAAD
Sarasota Dermatologic Surgeon

JUVÉDERM VOLUMA® and JUVÉDERM® are very similar, so you can expect similar effects.

Since you’ve had JUVÉDERM® injections before, you should expect to experience similar mild side effects with JUVÉDERM VOLUMA® injections. Redness, swelling and slight bruising are common side effects that many men and women experience immediately following their injection session. But these typically clear up on their own within the few days to a week following your treatment. Consult with an experienced injector about which product may be the best option for you.

Gordon Andan, MD
New York General Surgeon

Considering Voluma?

Thank you for your question.  Voluma and Juvederm XC are the exact same product material, they just differ in its 'thickness'.  Because of this, they are recommended for different areas; because Voluma is 'thicker' and more firm, it is best for regions of the face where the placement is deeper (below the skin, muscle, and/or fat) such as in the cheek region.  If you did not have a reaction to Juvederm XC, it is highly unlikely you will have a problem with Voluma.  It is best to go to a physician who is experienced with Voluma and practices clean and safe technique.  Because Voluma is a longer last filler (up to 2 years), it is important to thoroughly clean the skin prior to injection.  I hope this helps!

Natalie Attenello, MD

Juvederm and Voluma

Both products are HA of similar consistency with different cross linking of the products. They are hypoallergenic. Find a board certified doctor experienced in injecting the products.

Good luck!

Considering Voluma

Voluma should be performed by an experienced and expert physician injector. The key distinctions are the injection technique is different and the thickness and degree of cross linkage of the molecules. As both products are hyaluronic acid filllers from Allergan, the reactions are extremely comparable. 

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Considering Voluma but nervous.

Hello Seashell67,

Voluma and Juvederm XC are both hyaluronic acid filllers made by the same company.  The differnce is the thickness of the particles and how well cross linked the molecules are.  These differences affect how firm the product feels and how long it lasts.  When it comes to reactions, the products would be expected to be interchangeable.  So if you didn't have a reaction to Juvederm you should be fine.  Certainly discussed your concerns with your injector, but you should be fine.

I hope this helps and good luck.  

William Marshall Guy, MD
The Woodlands Facial Plastic Surgeon

Voluma is safe and effective for midface

I wouldn't be concerned over the safety of Voluma. If you have had Juvederm without issues, you should be absolutely fine with Voluma. It is a great filler for the cheeks.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Should I Get Voluma

You did not send a photo, so it's difficult to evaluate your situation, but if you have already had some experience with fillers, you are going to be very satisfied with Voluma which I find to give amazing results when placed properly.  Patients look natural, refreshed, and not like anything was done except turn the clock back a number of years on their faces.

Michael A. Greenberg, MD
Elk Grove Village Dermatologist

Voluma for cheeks

You should be fine. The chemical property between the two fillers is very similar. Without looking at your pictures it is hard to say, but 1-2 syringes of Voluma in each cheek should really enhance your cheeks and bring back the youthfulness to your cheeks. 

Kyle S. Choe, MD
Virginia Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon