I'm Tj and I have used dipping tobacco. I think I have some gum recession happening but I'm not entirely sure. (Photo)

Dipping tobacco

Yes, your gums are receding as a result of the constant irritation of the gum tissue where the wad of chew is placed. This leads to root exposure and increased teeth sensitivity. I would recommend avoiding the use of dipping tobacco to prevent further damage. Also, see your local dentist or periodontist to discuss gum therapy. 

Gum Recession

Yes, it looks like you do have some recession taking place in the area of the lower front teeth. I would suggest that you have a complete evaluation to determine if there are any treatment needs that would either correct and/or prevent any additional damage.